problems with JVC HARX-700
Nov 13, 2010 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

kennyparker1337

New Head-Fier
They seem awesome, really. But I notice this "crackle" noise every beat. Its really annoying. It only happens on the right ear.

Is this normal? Can it be fixed?

It does it regardless of source, or plug in spot. IE. I know its the headphones.

Also, I just got these to day, brand new.

Nov 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 14
ok I went over everything, changed cords...etc. nothing fixed.

So I lightly smacked the right earphone...and it seems to go away. But I'm afraid that might only be a temporary fix.

Its so weird too, because the first couple hours, no crackle...then all of a sudden, crackly. You'd think they'd crackle from the start.

Man, I hate when stuff you get isn't perfect. :p

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 14
Your priority should be trying to get the warranty for a defective product...i own the same model, and they are just great. No problems at all...

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
Your priority should be trying to get the warranty for a defective product...i own the same model, and they are just great. No problems at all...

Thanks man, you persuaded me into returning. Amazon pays shipping on returns, if the item is defective. And I decided to get the 900s now. 700s were awesome...but since headphones are gonan be my only source of audio, better get the best I can afford lol

Just in case you didn't know, I just received these brand new TODAY. :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man, you persuaded me into returning. Amazon pays shipping on returns, if the item is defective. And I decided to get the 900s now. 700s were awesome...but since headphones are gonan be my only source of audio, better get the best I can afford lol

Just in case you didn't know, I just received these brand new TODAY. :frowning2:

Yeah buddy, it happens. 
I hope you can receive your brand new 900's soon! G Luck! 

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
I have head the 700s sound a lot better, due to a more impactful bass. Can anyone confirm this?

Whoa crap. I just saw all these mentions about the 700's and 900's and I automatically thought ATH-AD###

So the above quote was quite a shock to me : )

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #9 of 14
It does not sound right so you need to return for a replacement or another type of cans.

My HARX 700 are solid built that I wish some of my over $500.00 MSRP cans were solid as the RX700.

They can be loud at deafen level that will hurt your ears . I use the Pioneer Elite A35R as HP amp and the louder they are played the better they sound.

For under $50.00 I simply cannot see there is any HPs that can beat the HA RX700 in term of build quality and sound quality.

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #10 of 14

Quote:

For under $50.00 I simply cannot see there is any HPs that can beat the HA RX700 in term of build quality and sound quality.

I agree. My neighbor owns a pair, almost 2 years old and still perfect. They are built like tanks

Jul 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #11 of 14
Just got a pair today. Had 2 bad pairs of the Panasonic HTF600's which I liked. These seem to have a wider presence. Really love the size and build. I was thinking about what would be a much better HF for $70 but I haven't found one yet.

Jul 25, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

+1! Mine have been outstanding and just a killer deal...easily the best headphone value available. Sorry OP that you received a defective set. Bad luck of the draw...

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
Just got a pair today. Had 2 bad pairs of the Panasonic HTF600's which I liked. These seem to have a wider presence. Really love the size and build. I was thinking about what would be a much better HF for $70 but I haven't found one yet.

Ahh. Well thought it was me, more pronounced volume on the left side of my HA-RX700, nope.3 weeks in and it happened.  Tried 3 different sets of headphones and it's definatley the HARX700's. Someone mentioned they have the same drivers as the Panasonic HTF600's which could be as I sent back a set of those also with the weak right channel. Disappointing as I like the headphones. Not sure what to try now. Risk it again with another pair?

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #14 of 14
FYI 
Got a pair of HARX700's today and didn't really feel them at first then read and did the foam under the pads mod and you know what? I still have them on listening and must say the sound is much better, I would say the improvement is top to bottom, better highs and cleaner bass. I am playing them from a JDS Labs cmoy (no boost) and a actual cd player as source. Not bad... will give them a chance and see what happens in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back