Problem with Nforce 2 audio...
Sep 24, 2005 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jbucla2005

1000+ Head-Fier
I've got a DFI Lanparty Ultra II B motherboard that I think has Nforce 2 soundstorm audio. I've installed the latest drivers and everything seems to be working but I'm getting no sound out of the jacks. I've deleted all my old creative drivers and checked all the volumes levels. Anybody have any suggestions?

Sep 24, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 11
i thought only the NF7-S had soundstorm..maybe not...

maybe a clean format? a version of drivercleaner for creative drivers would be nice....

Sep 24, 2005 at 7:54 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire

maybe a clean format? a version of drivercleaner for creative drivers would be nice....

I used CTZAP to remove the creative drivers

Sep 24, 2005 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire

Definately not. My Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe has it, as do several other nforce2 motherboards (13 models altogether). Nvidia's website used to have a complete list of manufacturers and motherboard models, but it seems to have been updated to only include nForce3 and newer products (none of which have SoundStorm).

Wait a minute... Ah ha! here's an archive of the page with the list:

http://web.archive.org/web/200411240...herboards.html

To the OP, try running through the speaker wizard in the nvMixer app, you may have accidentally disabled the analog output previously. Also make sure volume levels are correct and that the Master and Wave outputs aren't muted.

Also make sure that "NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio" is set in the Sounds and Audio Devices control panel applet as your primary sound playback device.

Sep 24, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helter Skelter
Definately not. My Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe has it, as do several other nforce2 motherboards (13 models altogether). Nvidia's website used to have a complete list of manufacturers and motherboard models, but it seems to have been updated to only include nForce3 and newer products (none of which have SoundStorm).

Wait a minute... Ah ha! here's an archive of the page with the list:

http://web.archive.org/web/200411240...herboards.html

To the OP, try running through the speaker wizard in the nvMixer app, you may have accidentally disabled the analog output previously. Also make sure volume levels are correct and that the Master and Wave outputs aren't muted.

Also make sure that "NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio" is set in the Sounds and Audio Devices control panel applet as your primary sound playback device.

I have checked all of the above, still no sound.

Sep 24, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #7 of 11
If you open the Windows Master Volume control what does it say in the lower left corner?

You have the speakers/amp/headphones plugged into the correct output jack, correct?

In Windows hardware manager is an error listed for the sound card or an unknown device that could be the sound card?

Sep 24, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
If you open the Windows Master Volume control what does it say in the lower left corner?

You have the speakers/amp/headphones plugged into the correct output jack, correct?

In Windows hardware manager is an error listed for the sound card or an unknown device that could be the sound card?

NVIDIA(R) Nforce(TM) Audio

I have tried all the jacks, and yes.

No.

Sep 26, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #9 of 11
bump

Sep 26, 2005 at 11:54 PM Post #10 of 11
Maybe you disabled the onboard sound through the BIOS when you installed your creative sound card. Try resetting the BIOS.

Sep 27, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #11 of 11
onboard sound is enabled...

anyway, I've given up on this and just installed an old Soundblaster Audigy gamer card I had lying around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back