probably a silly question - books about tube amps?
Jun 24, 2009 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Gatto

1000+ Head-Fier
I know there is a ton of info floating around the internet about tube amps but as some of you know I'm not the best when it comes to searching and I also really love reading an actual book over looking through web pages so does anyone know of any books about amps? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm not sure what kind of information you're looking for, but a good bet would be 'Valve Amplifiers' by Morgan Jones.

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure what kind of information you're looking for, but a good bet would be 'Valve Amplifiers' by Morgan Jones.

Have you read this yourself? Is this book targetted for general audiences or more for the EE engineer?

Jun 25, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 6
I haven't read it from cover to cover, but it's pretty technical. Tube amplifiers would be a pretty hard subject to write an entire non-technical book about, though...

Jun 25, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 6
The Morgan Jones book is somewhat technical, but also very good. Be sure to check out Bruce Rozenblit's books, too. For a wider selection, visit Pete Millett's site and browse his considerable library.

However, one of the best places to get your feet wet is online. Visit Boozhound Labs and read the tutorial on building a tube amp. It is one of the best introductions I've seen aimed at the layperson.

Jun 25, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #6 of 6
thanks for the help guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back