PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
Aug 21, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #196 of 353
Mine got even smoother after 100 hours.  These phones are well worth the money IMO.  They are so clean and neutral its amazing.  Almost all headphones bump a frequency and it becomes apparent listening to them after you have had the H6's on your ears.  bass is weighted when needed and goes deep into the 30hz range.  As stated, an amp really makes a difference.  Wish the cord was longer......

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #198 of 353
Aug 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #200 of 353
Quote:
So did they have "soul" when you heard them again, or are you just over it?

I will tell you something. I originally had the beige ones, and I could swear that the black pair on demo had softer pads than the beige...they felt much more soft and comfortable. Might have put the drivers closer to my ears resulting in a warmer sonic signature?

Aug 23, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #201 of 353
i ordered the H6 in Brown four days before and yesterday evening i sit there with a big smile on my face listening to some Music of Diana Krall and Silje Nergaard...
I could`t explain but i am sure i made the right decicion about buying them.

In the last two weeks i tried about 10 different Headphones but the H6 is the best compromise from all of them
Nice Sound, very good comfort...and the most expencive of all (i`ve listened to)

Anyway

I ordered also the Grado Headphone Case, which will fit well for the H6 (i hopeso, cause i will get them next week) and the Mission Headphone is completed.

Servus (as we say in Bavaria, means Bye)

Andi

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #202 of 353
Good for you....you were able to find happiness in such a short time and within 4 posts
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #205 of 353
There's nothing he said in his review that would give you the impression that the bass was "worrisome". The h6 sounds much better than most any headphone when plugged into your iPod, IPhone, android etc. and better than any ear bud bar none. The highs and mids are great on these portable devices but as stated the bass is a "little" on the weak side. This all goes out the window with a nice amp of your choice. The bass is fuller, deeper and taut. If one needs bass "emphasis" then those folks are not looking for true reproduction or neutral sound, they are looking for colored music. With a proper amp( I'm using a Woo WA7), these phones compare to offerings double their price with no missing bass at all. Its there if it was MEANT to be there.

Breaking in at 150 hours smooths things out and the bass is a bit deeper as well. They are VERY revealing cans and will expose anything of lesser quality in front of them. My solution for a portable rig is to pair these up with the new fiio e18 when its released. At home the woo just woos me. : )

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #206 of 353
Quote:

Loved the review. These headphones have been begging for a quality review, and it looks like you've done it! Thanks!

Your statements about the bass are very worrying for me.. Maybe I need to give them another test.

I wouldn't be worried about the H6's bass unless you are an absolute bass-head. I mean, the H6 is no Audeze LCD-3, but then again, it doesn't cost $2000. The H6 is tuned for clarity and neutrality, not for brain-melting bass. Part of the "problem" ironically, is that they are almost too resolving on the low end. For example: the most recent Jay-Z album sounds somewhat harsh because you can hear exactly how overdriven the bass is on the recording. Lesser headphones mask these problems beneath flabby bass. The H6 reveals the true character of the recording, so you hear the good with the bad. Of course, on well-recorded, well-mastered tracks, the H6 absolutely shines.

Note: when driven by an iPhone, you do get bass from the H6, but you need to crank the volume up above 80% before you feel the bass. By comparison, I'd say the H6' bass is slightly softer, but much more well-defined than that of the Sennheiser Momentum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back