Press Release: Audiophile Batteries
Jun 16, 2002 at 11:22 PM Post #16 of 29
I just got my hip new 1800mah NiMH AA PowerEx batteries from thomasdistributing.com I also got a nice new charger with a conditioning circuit. I also got some nice 700 mah NiMH AAA batteries. The new powerex batteries boast a very low impedence, around 15-17mOhms. All this is well and good, and I feel like an improvement has been made to my total airhead. Also, they last longer than alkalines, and i don't have to keep buying them over and over.

However, the low point in my audio life came the other day when I looked at my girlfriend's batteries for her digital camera, and found that they were only 1600mah, then i proceeded to laugh at her, and boasted that MY batteries were fully 200mah better! She just looked at me like I was an idiot.

Oh well, I like my batteries anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Peace,
phidauex

Jun 17, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw

LOL. I saw your first post and laughed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dude, and I was pissed too. No lie.

me=dumbass.
frown.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 9:15 AM Post #20 of 29
Originally posted by Ross
PRESS RELEASE: AUDIOPHILE SCEPTIC

New York, NY - Is your audio forum getting dull and lacking interesting controversies? No good flame wars lately? Need some lively debate? You need new Audiophile Sceptic! Audiophile Sceptic is a new application to be run in conjunction with your hi fi forum software. It has these features:

I'm assuming this word is a combination of :

Skeptic -- Someone who has a lot of doubts

&

Septic -- The tank that the toilet discharges into

Jun 17, 2002 at 9:34 AM Post #21 of 29
"Sceptic" is the spelling used in the English-speaking world. "Skeptic" is used exclusively by Americans.

Ross

Jun 17, 2002 at 9:36 AM Post #22 of 29
And I'm American.

BYW, Go Team USA.

Jun 17, 2002 at 10:40 AM Post #23 of 29
Ross,

You've got it all wrong there mate. The English that "us Americans" use is spoken by 70% of the English speaking population. The dialect of British English is spoken by 17% of the English speakers. So while you in Australia (which, btw, has it's own dialect, Australian English) may use sceptic, I, gaineso, and 70% of the "English-speaking world" will continue to use the most common form, "skeptic". Read up a little on it here.. G'day mate.

BTW USA SOCCER KICKS ASS!!!!!

Jun 17, 2002 at 10:01 PM Post #24 of 29
I find those 17%/70% figures very suspicious, given that British English is the basis of the English spoken in British Commonwealth countries which have a total population of 1.7 billion, compared to the US' 250 million.

Ross

Jun 18, 2002 at 12:17 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

I find those 17%/70% figures very suspicious, given that British English is the basis of the English spoken in British Commonwealth countries which have a total population of 1.7 billion, compared to the US' 250 million.

Ross

According to the U.S. Bureau of the Census, the resident population of the United States, projected to 6/17/2002 at 8:16:05 PM EDT is

One birth every.................................. 8 seconds
One death every.................................. 13 seconds
One international migrant (net) every............ 29 seconds

wink.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 12:10 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Ross

Add in us 25 million Canadian for skeptic as well. And I'm pretty sure Canada spells everything the Britishway... :p

Canada vs. USA

centre -> center
colour -> color
"z" pronouned zed -> "z" pronouned zee

Well whatever.. I'm sick of homework...

Bigge.

Jun 19, 2002 at 12:53 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by gaineso

New York, NY - Is your audio forum getting dull and lacking interesting controversies? No good flame wars lately? Need some lively debate? You need new Audiophile Sceptic! Audiophile Sceptic is a new application to be run in conjunction with your hi fi forum software. It has these features:

I'm assuming this word is a combination of :

Skeptic -- Someone who has a lot of doubts

&

Septic -- The tank that the toilet discharges into

Sceptic: Someone who doubts while discharging into the toilet that discharges into the tank.

Jun 21, 2002 at 12:40 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

sometimes your Sceptic will tell you he's an engineer, but really he will just be a technician

I guess you are talking about me. If so, I can mail you a copy of my engineer title, obtained after several years of study at the University.

Cheap talk again?

Aside from that, funny post.

Jun 21, 2002 at 8:58 PM Post #29 of 29
Actually, I wasn't talking about you - that post pre-dated the latest "cable factor" thread, but in hindsight it looks like a pretty accurate description of what followed.

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back