Predator Loaner Program and My Initial Review of the Amp
Jul 13, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I concur it is a great amp. My biggest issue right now-- is price point given I have no need for a DAC. Even if it is $50 DAC in there that's $50 taken away from upgrading the amp components.

Maybe that's what Ray was thinkin' when he redesigned the 71, that and some issues with lead and being "green". Should be interesting and I expect no less than 3 reviews right off the bat. The only variable will be the break-in time for the 71a. What I wanna see is the Go-Vibe Magnum and maybe one or two more mixed in for comparison.
It's all good!

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #17 of 32
Buy a used one then, if you don't want to bother Ray.
wink.gif

Then resell if its not of your taste...

Jul 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM Post #18 of 32
Spraggih,

I wouldn't consider paying Mr. Samuels $500+ bothering him. Furthermore, don't forget that there's no returns, so the amp is yours whether you like it or not.

In any case, why not briefly audition the DAC portion with the UE-11 and share your thoughts with us?

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #19 of 32
Even when according to most headfiers I'd be better off getting a Zero DAC and a desktop amp like say the MKV than the Predator, all the raving comments from experienced headfiers makes me want to try it!!!! I really want to try it because it would be great to have a portable amp being all you need...

Can somebody loan one??
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spraggih,

I wouldn't consider paying Mr. Samuels $500+ bothering him. Furthermore, don't forget that there's no returns, so the amp is yours whether you like it or not.

In any case, why not briefly audition the DAC portion with the UE-11 and share your thoughts with us?

Usagi... First I would like to apologize for my comments below, if your post was not meant to be bad mouthing RSA's return policy, as I am understanding it, keep in mind that my English is not that great to interprit you post correctly. But If you are talking about buying the amp used from another seller & can't return it to him, then I can see your point, but if you meants buying it from me, then the comment below is what I intend to echo back.

Hope I am wrong, I do not mean to be harsh, but will say:
Where did you come with this comment my friend? Did you purchase an amp from RSA & requested your money back & did not get your wish?
Please speak only from your own experience next time. Bad comments like yours leaves wrong impression for a long period of time in the mind of new readers who are not familier with RSA policy.

Please moderators feel free to remove my post if I was not fare with Usagi.
Ray Samuels

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:43 PM Post #21 of 32
Hey Ray,
I have offered to loan out my Predator to anyone who wants to try it.
I am positive that if they hear it they will like it alot.
Also if I can't make it to the mini meet at Germania's I will ship it there for anyone to try out, and could possibly include the SE530's if they want to see what the Predator is fully capable of.
Thanks alot Ray,
Scott

Jul 13, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ray,
I have offered to loan out my Predator to anyone who wants to try it.
I am positive that if they hear it they will like it alot.
Also if I can't make it to the mini meet at Germania's I will ship it there for anyone to try out, and could possibly include the SE530's if they want to see what the Predator is fully capable of.
Thanks alot Ray,
Scott

Hope to see you there my friend.
Ray Samuels

Jul 13, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #23 of 32
Usagi,
I have the predator and can only say that the customer service from ray was exceptional!!
Shipped to Uk in under a week and sailed through customs without charge.
please tell me in what industry do you feel that you have the right to try out a product and return it used without charge??
auto?
Test drive at best!!
Retail?
Donuts not quite how you imagined....return them half eaten?
GET REAL!!

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usagi... First I would like to apologize for my comments below, if your post was not meant to be bad mouthing RSA's return policy, as I am understanding it, keep in mind that my English is not that great to interprit you post correctly. But If you are talking about buying the amp used from another seller & can't return it to him, then I can see your point, but if you meants buying it from me, then the comment below is what I intend to echo back.

Hope I am wrong, I do not mean to be harsh, but will say:
Where did you come with this comment my friend? Did you purchase an amp from RSA & requested your money back & did not get your wish?
Please speak only from your own experience next time. Bad comments like yours leaves wrong impression for a long period of time in the mind of new readers who are not familier with RSA policy.

Please moderators feel free to remove my post if I was not fare with Usagi.
Ray Samuels

Mr. Samuels,

I do speak from personal experience as I have purchased your acclaimed Predator. You emphatically stated, "No returns" during my purchasing process. Therefore, it is logical to assume that this "no return" policy applies to all your customers who purchase this product.

Fortunately, this raised little concern "to me" as you have an excellent reputation regarding customer satisfaction and quality control issues. There are many others who will attest to your credibility as well. I happen to be one of those satisfied customers. Hence, I seek no return with my purchase, but that doesn't negate your stated "no return" policy. If you misspoke then that is another matter altogether.

Having said that, I offer some constructive criticism. To avoid ambiguity and presumably comply with state or federal laws, I suggest posting a return policy conspicuously on your website. This will definitively state your position on the matter.

Jul 13, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethatgiraffe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usagi,
I have the predator and can only say that the customer service from ray was exceptional!!
Shipped to Uk in under a week and sailed through customs without charge.
please tell me in what industry do you feel that you have the right to try out a product and return it used without charge??
auto?
Test drive at best!!
Retail?
Donuts not quite how you imagined....return them half eaten?
GET REAL!!

hatethatgiraffe,

There's no need to rally the wagons around Mr. Samuels with these red herrings. He is more than cable to speak for himself. The dispute raised is whether RaySamuelsAudio offers merchandise returns; not whether it is morally ethical.

If your questions must be addressed then I offer this input.
  • In the states, vehicle purchases these days generally come with a 3-day money back guarantee.
  • Non-perishable items like LCD/Plasma TVs, stereos, headphones, playstations, etc. generally come with a 30-day money back guarantee with most establishments. Look into return policies established by the following organizations if you need proof of my assertion; i.e. HeadRoom, Best Buy, Walmart, Target,..........
  • You are correct to assume that perishable items like donuts are non-refundable, yet many business will gladly return your money or offer a substitute to maintain a good rapport with its patrons.

Jul 14, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mr. Samuels,

I do speak from personal experience as I have purchased your acclaimed Predator. You emphatically stated, "No returns" during my purchasing process. Therefore, it is logical to assume that this "no return" policy applies to all your customers who purchase this product.

Fortunately, this raised little concern "to me" as you have an excellent reputation regarding customer satisfaction and quality control issues. There are many others who will attest to your credibility as well. I happen to be one of those satisfied customers. Hence, I seek no return with my purchase, but that doesn't negate your stated "no return" policy. If you misspoke then that is another matter altogether.

Having said that, I offer some constructive criticism. To avoid ambiguity and presumably comply with state or federal laws, I suggest posting a return policy conspicuously on your website. This will definitively state your position on the matter.

Could you please post the pm or e-mail that went between you & me regarding the return policy. I do not recall any of this happenning & do feel very strong against something like this. I have my share of sending amps for head-fiers with out taking any money from them just so that they listen to them. So why I would not do that for you specially if you pay for it.
It does not sound logical at all. Here I send amps to people I don't know & have never met free of charge so they decide if they like to keep it yet I turn around & take your money & tell you the sale is final no return. Does this sound like me?
Ray samuels

Jul 14, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #27 of 32
@OP

This is why head-fi is such a great community, you ask about someone possibly loaning you a predator and in a few days you have someone willing to mail you a 500 dollar amplifier free of charge for your temporary usage to decide if you would like to purchase it. It is also people like Zanth who ship out 2 1000 dollar Grado headphones in two different countries that make this community truely unique in the sense of the trust between members. It is great to see this happen and I love reading peoples impressions on the process.

Jul 14, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #28 of 32
Good for your, no customs issue I mean, so can we do a trick, cos I am in Holland
icon10.gif

I didnt bought the last one, which went for EUR 230, I believe, only because have some bills to pay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethatgiraffe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck dude!!
I wont be parting with mine anytime soon as it just gets better and better!
I'm in UK so wouldn't be worth the hassle sending it back and forth anyway especially as i was lucky to get it through customs charge free in the first place!!
Take the plunge and buy it I promise you it will be more than worth it!
Or if dont want the DAC i can reccomend the I-qube wholeheartedly!
Good luck again sourcing a loan one if that is the path you dare to tread!

Jul 14, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you please post the pm or e-mail that went between you & me regarding the return policy. I do not recall any of this happenning & do feel very strong against something like this. I have my share of sending amps for head-fiers with out taking any money from them just so that they listen to them. So why I would not do that for you specially if you pay for it.
It does not sound logical at all. Here I send amps to people I don't know & have never met free of charge so they decide if they like to keep it yet I turn around & take your money & tell you the sale is final no return. Does this sound like me?
Ray samuels

Mr. Samuels,

Our discourse did not take place through email/pm. Your statement to me regarding the return policy was mentioned during a phone conversation upon concluding our transaction. I do not record my phone conversations, therefore posting the proof you asked for is not feasible.

Rest assured that I'm not questioning your benevolence with our community. Your history here on Head-Fi is well documented. I merely voiced a caveat to the original poster since he seemed to be on the fence regarding purchasing the Predator.

Why would one of your happy customers, that respects you and your work, deliberately provide misstatements or canards? Does that sound logical? As I said before, I'm happy with my purchase and you'd have a hell of a time prying it from my possession.

It is conceivable to believe that your statement was nothing more than a Freudian slip. It is bound to happen time-to-time with the amount of consumer interaction you encounter on a day-to-day basis.

To reiterate my earlier post, it behooves any business to eliminate transactional ambiguity. Posting a conspicuous return policy on your website will avert any claims you find to contrast your intended business practices.

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does such a thing exist?

I want to try out the Predator with my UE11s given all of the posts here on synergy. But I do not want to *bother* Mr. Samuels with a purchase only to find "ehh it's good but not worth my $475" and then return it. Or have someone say "it's needs more burn in time so you need to keep it a little longer."

There aren't many (if?) via resell plus I am a little tired of buying, selling things at this moment. I think the Eastern US heat is affecting my energy levels
smily_headphones1.gif

Anybody want to loan a brother a dime for a cup of coffee?

I wish there was a loaner program! I'm actually considering purchasing a tomahawk or a predator but I just don't know if a amp is worth the extra $$$ for my newbie ears
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back