pre-rip cleaning?
Dec 29, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #16 of 21
If you are planning on ripping or burning again and using error verifications on your rip with AccurateRip, etc just rip first and clean the ones that are less than 100%.

Cleaning 100% disks is just asking for opportunity to damage what could be a rather flawless condition disc.

Dec 29, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
chris: I'm English. I still wouldn't call those two directions against each other. One is at ninety degrees to the other. "Against", or "opposite", to me would imply a 180 degree difference. Oh well, just semantics.

There are only really 2 ways to wipe a CD; up/down or across left or right.

Vertical is opposite to horizontal.

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 21
You should clean both the CD and the reader. Buy a cleaning disk at Radio Shack and follow the directions - it has tiny brushes to clean the laser head. For the CD's, I would recommend "Shine-ola".

Steve N.

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #21 of 21
Use a gentle air duster before resorting to those CD cleaner discs. The cleaner discs can vary significantly in quality...some may have cheap plastic bristles that are nearly as rough as a toothbrush. Couple this with the fact that you really don't know how your modern CD-Burner will react to it or what speed it may be rotating at, it should be last-resort and only if you have severe reading problems and tried alternative cleaning methods. A lot of those CD cleaners were designed with a 1x speed rotation speed (i.e. a home CD player). Would you trust an archaic cleaning CD so much to possibly ramp it up 48X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back