PRE-ORDER NOW the NEW Shure E500 Triple Driver PTH Earphones @ EarphoneSolutions.com
Feb 16, 2006 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Flavio T

Member of the Trade: EarphoneSolutions.com
IN STOCK NOW: new Shure E500 Triple Driver Push-To-Hear Earphones at EarphoneSolutions.com.

Many customers are asking us if this price will change. We strongly believe that the E500-PTH, being a triple driver with the Push-To-Hear accessory included (which will also sell separately for $59.00) is a tremendous value at $499.99. If you compare this product with the Shure E5c you can draw that conclusion yourself. Most likely this item will not be discounted at anytime during this year. With this product, the price point was set by Shure to meet the street price and to judge from our increasing waiting list and the raving reviews received at the CES 2006 Show and Mac World 2006, it seems they were dead on. We don't anticipate any discounts on top of the current price.

Shure E500 Push To Hear Earphones NEW FREE Shipping E500-PTH or Shure E500PTH
E500PTH

IN STOCK NOW!

Shure E500-PTH Earphones

Availability: IN STOCK NOW.

Thank you,

Flavio T.

May 4, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #4 of 23
"Push to hear" ??

May 4, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoffitt
"Push to hear" ??

While isolation with IEM's is great and sometimes very desirable, there are times when it is necessary to hear someone speaking which necessitates removing the IEM's. With activation of the PTH(push to hear) attachment, you can give a listen without removing the IEM's from your ear. You can read about the technology at Shures website.

Jun 1, 2006 at 10:05 AM Post #7 of 23
Yesterday, May 31st, we received the visit of Shure's Consumer Division Director of Sales and Shure's Consumer Division National Sales Manager, here at EarphoneSolutions.com and we learned that Shure has pushed their E500 release date to end of July. We apologize to our customers for this inconvenience. Unfortunately we have no control over that.

In the meantime, check our new 30% off promotion on select high-end earphones. We will be changing the models on that promotion every end of Sunday.

www.EarphoneSolutions.com

Thank you,

Flavio T.

Jun 10, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 23
Dear Head-fiers,

We will start a blog in this coming week. There will be lots of gossip about the industry and some of our findings in regards to the tests we are conducting with the earphones made by UE, Shure, Westone and Ety.

We will also write some interesting things about the recent visit we received from Shure's diretor of sales in the US last May 31st here at our office in Celebration, FL and our factory tour and visit to our friends at Shure in Illinois last June 6th (yes, 06/06/06
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
).

The link for the blog is here: EarphoneSolutions.com BLOG. Make sure you visit the blog after Tuesday June 13th and from that point on we will be posting new things every week.

Thanks for the support!

Flavio T.

Jul 12, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #12 of 23
On June 6th I visited Shure headquarters in Niles, IL. At the end of the day, Matt Engstrom and Kevin Spiegel were nice enough to set up a demo of the NEW Shure E500PTH earphones for myself and my wife.

The E500 was surprisingly light. Matt told me it is the lightest earphones ever manufactured by Shure. He also told me of the importance and long thought process that was choosing the correct and best location for the drivers. This will be the first Universal fit Triple Driver earphones to be built.

I was very impressed by the sound. The mids and lows had a lot of definition. When compared to the Shure E5c, I thought they had a much better mid range which in my opinion was where the E5c lacked. The comfort and fit are superior to the E5c. They made in my opinion the best earphones of their line so far. As soon as we receive our stock I will make sure to test the E500 extensively against the Westone UM2. From what I was able to listen the E500-PTH may well become our new Editor's Choice. The main difference in the sound is the presence and definition of mids and lows without obscuring the highs. It has a balanced output but with definition. In general there is a trade off between sounding balanced, warm and "musical" with having to accept a bit of "muddiness". With the E500, Matt and the cool folks at Shure accomplished warmness, balanced sound with clarity and excellent definition on the mid range and low range.

The cable of the E500 is only about 12-15 inches long which then connects to a female jack on the end of the cable (I’m guessing 3-4ft. cable) that comes from the Push-To-Hear device which then connects to the iPod or any other portable player. The PTH piece is very well built, sturdy. It has a belt clip and it has a recessed knob for the volume of the music that plays on the background once you push the Shure PTH so that the outside sound can be captured by the built-in microphone. Matt told me that the design of the knob was done that way so that the background volume could not be changed by accident or easily as you should have to do that just once. Once I pushed the button I could hear the conversation around me and the music was playing at a very low volume on the background. Awesome feature! I bet this device will be the most desired accessory of in-ear earphone owners. Unfortunately the PTH sold as a separate accessory will not be out until end of the year. The E500 does come with the PTH accessory.

Hopefully we will have the Shure E500-PTH in stock before the end of July. According to Shure they should start shipping them by the last week of July.

Jul 13, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 23
EarphoneSolutions.com will start offering live DEMOS on our location in Celebration, FL. We are located 5 minutes from Walt Disney World and EPCOT Center.

If you happen to live in the area or if you are here on vacation we will be glad to welcome you for live demos of all the earphones we carry by Shure, Ultimate Ears and Westone. If you are a tourist here from another state or another country we will be glad to arrange delivery to your hotel in the Disney/Orlando area as well.

We will soon have the Shure E500PTH for live demos.

In order to accommodate you better, the demo will be by appointment only. All you have to do is to either send us an email to info@earphonesolutions.com or call Toll Free in the USA 1-888-473-9661 xt.226 or 407-566-9606 if you are calling from outside the US and are planning to be visiting here soon.

Thank you!

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #14 of 23
Our first shipment of E500 left Shure yesterday, Thursday, and we should have them here by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

That will take care of our older pre-orders but we are not sure yet how many of them.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back