ppav2 debugging
Aug 15, 2007 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Soymilk

500+ Head-Fier
i just finished populating the board, and it turns on (power on = led lights up). on tangent's site, for the heat testing, it just says leave it on for "a bit" and then see if the opamps are warm / the transistors are hot. how long is a bit? i left it on for ~30 seconds and it didn't heat up, do i need to leave it for like 5 minutes?

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 2
alright i left it on for longer and the parts got warm/hot (yay), but now i'm kind of worried about the current draw that you set with the trim pots. is the voltage across the output resistor supposed to be steady? cuz it keeps floating up and down +/- 1mV. is that normal, or should i be worried.

also, im getting some pretty noticeable buzzing (just headphones plugged in, no source). this is without a pot on atm though, would that make a difference?

edit - the right channel is also louder than the left right now, but since it's at such low volume cuz there's no pot it isnt too noticeable. hopefully it doesnt become more noticeable with the pot on, but if it does, what could be the issue? i'm fairly certain the resistors are all the same values on both channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back