Post Your Photography Here #2
Oct 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #11,446 of 15,743
  One of the pictures is of the same scene as the last batch i took, but with the night time perspective.

It's also my favorite of this batch, again great shot.
smile_phones.gif

Fuji F900's EXR sensor going crazy:

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #11,447 of 15,743

It's also my favorite of this batch, again great shot.
smile_phones.gif

Thanks James! I'm finding photography to be a depressurizer from school, along with playing sports.

Problem is, there isn't much else to photograph around here. I'm about to start spamming this thread with selfies.

Fuji F900's EXR sensor going crazy:

Think of it like a a tube coloration...

Oct 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #11,448 of 15,743
  Thanks James! I'm finding photography to be a depressurizer from school, along with playing sports.

Problem is, there isn't much else to photograph around here. I'm about to start spamming this thread with selfies.

Go for detail. The Sigma can be amazing with flowers, leaves and such in the right light. Here's one of my old DP1 shots:

Think of it like a a tube coloration...

That's a great description. Actually, it's quite fun to play around with the flares.
smile_phones.gif

Oct 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #11,449 of 15,743

Go for detail. The Sigma can be amazing with flowers, leaves and such in the right light. Here's one of my old DP1 shots:

That's what I plan to do. I sent you a PM earlier about something like that.

That's a great description. Actually, it's quite fun to play around with the flares. 
smile_phones.gif

That's a really good shot! I feel like the flare detracts from it though. I'd personally frame that photo if I had taken it (without the flare).

Oct 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #11,453 of 15,743
The only thing I like about this picture is that there is no real transition between the cloudy sky and the water.
That's the Baltic Sea btw.

What I really want to see right now, is one of DMinors Hawaii shots :D
Just for comparison and the lols.

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #11,454 of 15,743

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #11,458 of 15,743
Here's an intro on how to bokeh:
http://youtu.be/Es7gK3V22hM
Matt's videos are always very informative and usually easy to understand. And no, you don't need super big apertures to get good bokeh, although the bigger the aperture, the smaller the DOF. My 70-210 f/4 gets some of the best looking bokeh I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back