Post Your Photography Here #2
Sep 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #11,326 of 15,743

The sky is a bit overblown but I still like this shot.

I've been looking into mirrorless systemcameras lately to maybe replace my trusty RX100.
Finding a decent model for $800 really isn't that easy.

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #11,329 of 15,743
I REALLY like that first one :) nice leading lines.

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #11,332 of 15,743

It doesn't look like overblown to me. Nicely done.

Thanks!
Yeah not exactly overblown, but I'm not really happy with the clouds...nevermind.

100% agreed.  I always shoot in RAW unless I need super-fast write speeds.

Just like I do.
I also use JPEG for black and white shots and HDR shenanigans.

Hmmm the Sony NEX-6 looks really tempting....

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #11,333 of 15,743
  I also use JPEG for black and white shots and HDR shenanigans.

My favorite camera that I own right now is the FujI X100S.  One of the coolest features is the ability to do in-camera processing.  I can shoot in RAW and convert an image to one of Fuji's amazing filters while still preserving the RAW image.  There are B&W Y/G/B filters, plus a ton of proprietary Fuji film-simualtion filters like Velvia.  It's such a fun toy.

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #11,334 of 15,743
My favorite camera that I own right now is the FujI X100S.  One of the coolest features is the ability to do in-camera processing.  I can shoot in RAW and convert an image to one of Fuji's amazing filters while still preserving the RAW image.  There are B&W Y/G/B filters, plus a ton of proprietary Fuji film-simualtion filters like Velvia.  It's such a fun toy.

That is one of the reason I keep thinking about getting the X100s.

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #11,339 of 15,743
It's amazing.  I LOVE that lens, it's the reason I got into the 4/3 system to begin with.  It's practically a macro lens with how close it will focus.  The bokeh is simply sublime.  

On the OM-D, it's brilliant on Aperture priority for street/vacation shooting.  If you're more of a manual shooter like me you would love the focus and aperture control on the lens - like back in the stone ages. :)

The build quality is on par with Leica.  I can't say enough how much I love that lens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back