post your grado mods....
Jul 29, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #5,193 of 8,992
I am new to all this modding business.
I have had a few different model grados.
Rs1i, mspro, ms1, bushmills and currently sr80i.
I am stockpiling bits.
Currently have some nice wood cups waiting and looking into doing a single sided detachable cable mod at the same time.
I love that grado sound so I am pondering which drivers to use. Either keep the 80 ddrivers get turbulent x, or try these senn mods.
So many options.

Here is a pic of the cups :)

Jul 30, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #5,195 of 8,992
I have access to a 3D printer, what do?

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #5,197 of 8,992
...you know, I would probably do naughty things to get a plastic version of the gimbals they use for the RS1....a full circle instead of the C I usually use from the SR series...

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #5,198 of 8,992

I find this wood to be one of the most beautiful woods I've worked with. It has a depth to the wood that I've never seen before. It has clear rays running through the wood much like Oak but they’re translucent, when the light hits them at the right angle they seem to pop up out of the wood, very three dimensional.  Just amazing! 

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #5,199 of 8,992

I find this wood to be one of the most beautiful woods I've worked with. It has a depth to the wood that I've never seen before. It has clear rays running through the wood much like Oak but they’re translucent, when the light hits them at the right angle they seem to pop up out of the wood, very three dimensional.  Just amazing! 

What is it?

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #5,201 of 8,992
...you know, I would probably do naughty things to get a plastic version of the gimbals they use for the RS1....a full circle instead of the C I usually use from the SR series...
if you can make me a schematic for it that I can use and pay for supplies & shipping I might be able to help a fellow headfier out.

Aug 1, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #5,204 of 8,992
  ^^ don't forget that with the rs1 gimbals, they are placed a bit in front of the cable, and not align with it.

Thanks...that means I'll have to get a new pair of cups to go with them, all mine are made with the holes for the gimbals and the holes for the cable all along the same axis...oh darn
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back