Post Your Giant Killers Here!
Jul 27, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #32 of 204
Quote:
I think I have heard somewhere that the Beyerdynamic pads work with them...

Tks for the tip mate...will surely look into it...

Aug 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #34 of 204
So far this past 2 weeks, I have had 2 friends of mine buy the Monoprice 8323. I even bought myself another pair. I just wanted a set that was more bass light, but then I began to miss the isolation. So, 20 bucks on sale, I got another pair. My favorite giant killers.

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #35 of 204
I really want to try the monoprice too by the way. But let me just say thet the real giant killer is the Beyer DT250-250 Ohm. They are better then the hd600 and hd650 for much less money its ridiculous!

Aug 2, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #38 of 204
The superluxes are crap to me. Bright and honky. Let the old time headfiers speak if they are great when modded but otherwise I only believe they are nothing but crap.

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #39 of 204
Quote:
I love how suddenly HD800's are "giant killers". Gotta love Head-Fi!!

maybe it kills the urge to buy bookshelf speakers...or floorstanders.
L3000.gif

it kills my urge to dress up and attend a concert.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #40 of 204
The hd800s might be okay ut definitely crap when compared with the experience of listening to speakers of the same price range. We have to kill the expensive headphone movement before it expands My Gawd! The businessmen are getting nuts!!! Kill them by saying NOI

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #42 of 204
Quote:
The superluxes are crap to me. Bright and honky. Let the old time headfiers speak if they are great when modded but otherwise I only believe they are nothing but crap.

Folks on RockGrotto have been singing their praises for the past several years now and have come up with many ways to "unhonkify" them. They've also found differences between batches in sibilance and treble fatigue, so maybe you just heard a bad unit.

http://rockgrotto.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=review&action=print&thread=4769

Users who are viewing this thread

Back