Post the ridiculously priced and ludicrous audio products!
Aug 22, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I imagine the Edition 9 link was posted to goat you, and it seems to have worked quite well.

^yup.

What hasnt Patrick tried?

Aug 22, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ebony pucks, those stick-on thingies [tuning dots], special power cords, cryo treating, bags of lead shot, waving a literal dead chicken, green pens, digital lenses, silver wire, carbon fibre, Jahn's blessing, "It's a Bose!", special speaker wire ["garden hoses"], sorbothane, special interconnects, gold RCA plugs, Tweek, isolation with bags/tubes/chambers of air, isolation feet, isolation stands/supports, Quietlines, mods by whomever, cap du jour, hand-wound coils/trannies/etc, wood/stone phono cartridge bodies, NOS tubes, putting foam in, taking foam out, room treatments, dedicated power lines, your own private sub-station, computers as CDP's, a Stereophile subscription, etc etc etc.

I suppose Patrick has tried them all, and they all worked. Did I miss anything?

Laz

Um, while I agree on most of those, some are not ridiculous at all. Examples being mods, room treatments (speakers), NOS tubes, Foam in/out (especially for speakers), some mass dampening/isolation (not excessive, but some, especially for vinyl systems), and "special interconnects" (to a point, of course).

Aug 22, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #21 of 25
Buying from sponsers on here?

Flame suit on!

Case in point, AKG 701 $450 from sponsers. $253 from other sites. I guess they give you silk receipts.

Aug 22, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buying from sponsers on here?

Flame suit on!

Case in point, AKG 701 $450 from sponsers. $253 from other sites. I guess they give you silk receipts.

I guess I missed a sponsor but it seems like everyone has it at or lower than $400. Maybe point it out?

Aug 22, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #23 of 25
Aug 23, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, while I agree on most of those, some are not ridiculous at all. Examples being mods, room treatments (speakers), NOS tubes, Foam in/out (especially for speakers), some mass dampening/isolation (not excessive, but some, especially for vinyl systems), and "special interconnects" (to a point, of course).

You are quite right, I just got on a roll. I've had spectacular success myself with NOS tubes, mods, and a few others.

I did leave out amp stands, cable lifters, and clamping mechanisms, and of course the paper. Polyester? Ewwwwwwww...

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back