Post the last thing you bought. Oh fun!
Apr 8, 2024 at 1:39 AM Post #11,326 of 11,343
CD order from CD Japan; the Miles Davis Milestones SACD was ordered from Elusive Disc (UAS)....

CDJapan Order Apr2024.jpg

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #11,329 of 11,343
Garmin Forerunner 255. I luv Garmin watches with transreflective display that's always on that you can see well out in the sun. I hate smart watches with short battery life from Apple or Samsung. My forerunner has 2 weeks battery life!

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #11,330 of 11,343
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #11,332 of 11,343
Within the span of a few days, I bought four new items. My first audio purchases in years. New DAC, amp, and and two new headphones. Still waiting on the Atrium and V281 to arrive, but I've been enjoying the hell out of this Bifrost 2/64 > NFB-28 > HE1000 Stealth pairing. :L3000:

HiFiMAN_HEKStelth_02.jpg
Schiit_Bifrost_01.jpg
Violectric_HPA_V281_01.jpg
ZMF_Atrium_01.jpg

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #11,333 of 11,343
Italian made Frank Beltrame Stiletto switchblade with 9" Teflon coated bayonet blade and button release
frank-b-stiletto1.jpg

EDIT: I'll be sending this back for store credit in exchange for Mago OTF stiletto.
This didn't lock out every time and too light for my likes..​

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #11,335 of 11,343
iPod classic 6 3rd version with 160GB, also named the 7th gen by many.
iPod video 5.5, with 128GB flash memory

Apparently there is this new hype going on with people starting to use old iPods again and 'dumb phones' instead of a smartphone.
I bought the iPod classic, simply because I have always wanted one. Design wise I think it beats every other DAP and smartphone. Yes the screen is pretty low-res, and Cover Flow doesn't look nearly as good as you remembered, but overall they are gorgeous. You can have one refurbished for little money, I chose one with a solid state drive, I like the bleeps it makes while browsing.
Later I bought the 5.5 because I wanted to find out if the DAC (Wolfson) in that iPod is really better than the one in the Classic 7th gen. I was skeptical, because first of all in my experience there isn't a lot of difference in sound between an affordable and an expensive DAC to begin with. Secondly I find that people have the tendency to hype up a product that is discontinued, obscure and/or difficult to find. Remember the buzz around the Playstation 1 that supposedly had an exceptional DAC, but only a specific PS 1 had this DAC. It made me not ever want to hear that damn thing.
I decided to be open minded this time and just listen for myself, does the iPod 5.5 really sounds better?
Short answer: no
The differences are as expected very minimal and if I hear them they are in favor of the Classic. The Classic is cleaner sounding and has a bit more sparkle, but without harshness. The 5.5 is always describes as the warmer sounding, with more and better bass. Nope, it is just a bit less transparent and clear. The amount of bass is the same. It is all just perception, just like my own findings obviously.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #11,340 of 11,343
Abyss Diana MR - Leather Bass Ported Pads - Fog City Audio Cable
IMG_2606.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back