POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Aug 25, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #706 of 2,461
It's a wonder Head-Fi doesn't have an age restriction... All the other sides with pronographic content do.
basshead.gif

Aug 26, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #708 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Massacre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello there,
Hey, that cost me nearly nothing aside from the wood, I even had a set of pads laying around and I have learned something, good stuff!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Really nice work, for sure !

Aug 26, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #709 of 2,461
Amazing work Charles, especially for your first wood project!

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #711 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GM, those Grado mods look fantastics, how does it sound?

Hello DoubleEs,

The sonic improvement is beyond what I was thinking.

I feel that the metal cup is making the really detailed high/mid/bass and the thick wood cup is making everything sound so smooth, the bass is GREATLY improved it is much more impactful. I must try out leather pads! Someone sell me a pair I am looking for some, black/cognac would look good!
smily_headphones1.gif

I find that the bass is close to the stock 770 pro but more detailed. Another big improvement is the soundstage, I really have the impression of being in a much bigger room, the 3d positioning is impressive now. Basically this little mod made those cans to the next level!

The headband is hurting now since the cans are much heavier, I will probably install a Beyer headband to fix that issue!

Charles

Sep 7, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #712 of 2,461
hza.jpg

hz.jpg

My Black Darths are on their way. These are Larry's pics. The pad will be changed to the blacks. New pics will follow. Thinking about adding the black or cognac leather pads. Yoohoo.....

Sep 7, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #715 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hza.jpg

hz.jpg

My Black Darths are on their way. These are Larry's pics. The pad will be changed to the blacks. New pics will follow. Thinking about adding the black or cognac leather pads. Yoohoo.....

Nice!
With black leather pads this pair will look a lot better, imo.
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #717 of 2,461
if i still have my black lether earpads,ill sell them to you..the darth will look so sick

Sep 8, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #718 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Massacre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find that the bass is close to the stock 770 pro but more detailed. Another big improvement is the soundstage, I really have the impression of being in a much bigger room, the 3d positioning is impressive now. Basically this little mod made those cans to the next level!

The headband is hurting now since the cans are much heavier, I will probably install a Beyer headband to fix that issue!

At the point, you might as well put the Beyer drivers in there as well.
biggrin.gif
j/k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back