Post pics of your builds....
Jul 8, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #5,371 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I'd highly recommend that anyone thinking of using FPE at least check out Front Panel Design and Fabrication Custom Front Panels - similar service, can accept FPE files, turn-around is half the time and for those of us on the East Coast shipping is way faster and less expensive.

I used FPE till I found your post. FPE is quite expensive, and I was always looking for a solution that has the same opportunities as FPE.
Then I wanted to use Cam Expert's service to see what they can do, and I can say that they have the same quality. The pricing (10% – 16% cheaper then FPE), service, shipment and the communication is better than FPE. Also I noticed that Heinz who worked by FPE, now works for Cam Expert. I was surprised where he was gone, but as I called Cam Expert I was happy to have him back, because he really does his work well. I know that he worked there a long time and as he was gone FPE wasn’t the same. Cam Expert gives you a quote on the same day!

I just wanted to let you guys know about that and you should think of using them as well.

And if you have a problem, they really try their best to help you.

They have many options of reading your files, you don’t need the FPE Designer, also if you can use that as well. And not only that, the options they have are all great!

Just have a look at their page and give them a call Front Panel Design and Fabrication Custom Front Panels

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #5,372 of 9,811
This is my first. A CMoy 18v, though the second 9v battery doesn't fit in the case (I thought it wouldn't be a problem until I finished wiring)!

I misread the phono jack data sheet and tied the right channel to the shield jack, but it was an easy find and fix. It's amazing how much better the iPod sounds through this thing!

My next build planned is the Millett's SS. I'm waiting for the tubes to arrive, though I think I'm going to wait a while (I have to finish my degree first -- hopefully defending my M.S. in December)!

Sorry for the poor picture - I took a few quick ones without much light this morning.

Jul 9, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #5,373 of 9,811
3 brand spanking new CTHs tested and ready..
cool.gif

They all feature Janzten audio 0.22uF crosscaps for the coupling caps.
The middle one in the long case has preouts and a shunted ALPS RK27, while the leftmost small one has a mini out which is switched by the neutrik1/4 inch jack.

The 4th one needs an inductor and the 5th one (mine) needs a splitter section transplant
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #5,374 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by malweth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my first. A CMoy 18v, though the second 9v battery doesn't fit in the case (I thought it wouldn't be a problem until I finished wiring)!

I misread the phono jack data sheet and tied the right channel to the shield jack, but it was an easy find and fix. It's amazing how much better the iPod sounds through this thing!

My next build planned is the Millett's SS. I'm waiting for the tubes to arrive, though I think I'm going to wait a while (I have to finish my degree first -- hopefully defending my M.S. in December)!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/malweth/3701128798/

Sorry for the poor picture - I took a few quick ones without much light this morning.

Nice work. Since nobody else has said it yet...

Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet
wink.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sachu,

Where do you get that perforated metal for the tops of the amps?

Jul 10, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #5,378 of 9,811
Quote:

Where did you get your tubes for the SS from? I been searching for weeks!

Jul 12, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #5,380 of 9,811
KWS,
excellent. what's the brand of the SA?

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #5,382 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezzieyguywuf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you get your tubes for the SS from? I been searching for weeks!

I e-mailed a number of tube sellers (there are a ton on the internet) and was able to find a set from Bob Dobush. Unfortunately I purchased his last few.

They arrived very nicely packaged yesterday... Next I need to get the rest of the components!

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #5,384 of 9,811
Hello,
Always under construction, still improving and it's getting prettier.
Beta22 completed a few years ago and since than went through transformation from 3ch to 5ch. All I can say is that wiring is my achilles heel. I have to work on it harder. Also FPE for Beta22 is kinda "beta" version :)
This stuff sounds fantastic. Much worth the effort of "creation".

all2h.jpg

b24.jpg

b22.jpg

b22inside.jpg

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #5,385 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by qkizz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
Always under construction, still improving and it's getting prettier.
Beta22 completed a few years ago and since than went through transformation from 3ch to 5ch. All I can say is that wiring is my achilles heel. I have to work on it harder. Also FPE for Beta22 is kinda "beta" version :)
This stuff sounds fantastic. Much worth the effort of "creation".

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5421/all2h.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9278/b24.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/412/b22.jpg
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/59/b22inside.jpg

Massive drool factor!
biggrin.gif

Nothing short of impressive looking builds.. Really like the black and silver front panels. Well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back