Post pics of your builds....
Nov 22, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #3,811 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first DIY amp; the SOHA II and (slightly modified) power supply, and optional crossfeed filter. The four toggles on the right are for controlling the crossfeed (a true bypass, perspective control, treble compensation and bass compensation). The other toggles are for input/output selection and active/passive mode (the box can be used as a passive volume control and optional crossfeed filter when unpowered).

Rear panel has two selectable inputs, using switched jacks so that the left can be used alone for stereo or together with the right for mono, and also an alternative miniplug input for convenience on the other input. There are also outputs for pre-amp use (selectable with a front-panel toggle, the headphone output is on the front), and a heater voltage toggle. The power supply case also has a ground lift switch for connecting the audio ground to the mains ground (not at all, through a ground lift circuit or directly—note that the power supply case is always connected to mains ground for safety reasons).

Before case perforations:

The large toggle on the power supply is the on/off switch, the first small one toggles power to the tubes (B+ and heaters, for testing and possible future use as a ±15 V supply for something else), and the second small toggle enables operation with higher current tube heaters by eliminating a resistor in the circuit (normally installed to keep the heater regulator from running quite as hot).

The text on the case is still handwritten, I don't know if I'll do something about that or just leave it.

Very impressive! The panel work looks great and well thought of!

How does it sound? :p

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #3,812 of 9,811
Naked Cmoy...

DSC01218.JPG

DSC01223.JPG

Searching for a case...

-------------------------------------
DIY Gainclone Amplifier Blog

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:37 PM Post #3,813 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuldeep1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Naked Cmoy...

Searching for a case...

Dude, great job. We do not see very many home etched PCBs around here. Exceptional first post
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #3,814 of 9,811
Nov 23, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #3,815 of 9,811
arkku,
beautiful! hope you enjoy the tunes.

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #3,821 of 9,811
If your tubes run hot be VERY careful with tube shields. They can hold heat in.

For preamp tubes, no worries (generally) but using them with power tubes (or small tubes used to power headphones...) can get sketchy quickly.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #3,824 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where did you get those socket covers?

BTW: Nicely done.

When I was ordering parts for mine back in July, sockets with covers were easy to find. I had a hard time finding ones without covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back