Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jun 17, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #2,402 of 4,134
Well I did return the Airmotiv 6s. 

I was going to use this money to get my turntable...but I decided I wanted some slam back in my life for house parties. The TT can wait awhile longer while I get this set up finished.

Quote:
Wow you seem to be buying a lot of new stuff.

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #2,403 of 4,134
You're using QSC 12"'s and you still want a sub? Either your house is huge, or it's going to fall over. That's crazy power right there

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #2,404 of 4,134
It's an apartment, actually. :D

It was between a pair of K12s and a KW181 or just a pair of KW153s. I honestly thought the K12s sounded better overall and then toss in that KW181 and it just rocks. The other people listening (including the GC employee) seemed to agree. 

The sub will mainly be for a little extra kick in the apartment (low levels on the sub) but I would like to get back into mobile gigs, too.

I wanted that kick in the chest I know I can get from EDM but not on Head-fi. This'll get it

Quote:
You're using QSC 12"'s and you still want a sub? Either your house is huge, or it's going to fall over. That's crazy power right there

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #2,405 of 4,134
basshead.gif

The QSC monitors in general sound really nice, though I haven't heard the K12's, Enjoy!

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #2,406 of 4,134
Quote:
Hehe, I have a korean friend who is really into kpop. Also happens to be an audiophile and lurker on these boards. He was telling me and my wife how he blasts kpop in his car and then turns volume down when he gets to stop lights or rolls up his window so people can't hear what he's listening to, hahaha.

I do the exact same thing he does, except I turn it up louder at stoplights to get reactions.

It's either k-pop, some sort of electronica, or metal. The unfortunate people can't pick their poison.
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Probably not that significant but I bought:

I have to say, these are neat.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #2,407 of 4,134
Quote:
It's an apartment, actually. :D

It was between a pair of K12s and a KW181 or just a pair of KW153s. I honestly thought the K12s sounded better overall and then toss in that KW181 and it just rocks. The other people listening (including the GC employee) seemed to agree. 

The sub will mainly be for a little extra kick in the apartment (low levels on the sub) but I would like to get back into mobile gigs, too.

I wanted that kick in the chest I know I can get from EDM but not on Head-fi. This'll get it

I hope your neighbor are invited too if you are having a party or you will be the one they hate the most.  I do need a pair for back yard BBQ...

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #2,409 of 4,134
Quote:
Neighbors are always (and will have to) be invited. :D

Smart man, when I lived in apartment with Revel F30s, I never fully take advantage of it so I get into head-fi.  Now, I can do both, speakers during day and phones at night.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #2,410 of 4,134
I was considering a pair of 181s but that's an extra 1400 I don't need to spend...and I fear that it would quite literally become a problem in the apartment (as far as rumbling goes). :D

Quote:

Smart man, when I lived in apartment with Revel F30s, I never fully take advantage of it so I get into head-fi.  Now, I can do both, speakers during day and phones at night.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #2,411 of 4,134
I had to sell my SVS when I lived in the apartment, I'm kicking myself now.  Unless you are in the basement apartment or us it when the next doors and lower level apartment are not at home or they will not be a happy camper.  I have to find one soon.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #2,412 of 4,134
Luckily I live in a first floor apartment and the buildings are fairly small at the new place (4 apartments or so per building).

There's no way I'd be able to run a sub if I were upstairs.

Quote:
I had to sell my SVS when I lived in the apartment, I'm kicking myself now.  Unless you are in the basement apartment or us it when the next doors and lower level apartment are not at home or they will not be a happy camper.  I have to find one soon.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #2,413 of 4,134
Quote:
Luckily I live in a first floor apartment and the buildings are fairly small at the new place (4 apartments or so per building).

There's no way I'd be able to run a sub if I were upstairs.

Nice, I was in the end unit of townhouse.  No one on top or below me, only neighbor is next door and they complaints.  Crappy neighbor, end up disconnected the sub for a year and we are not planning to move anytime soon.  I will hit QC this weekend and take a look if I can talk my wife on getting a pair for the BBQ party in the back yard.  How it is with iDevice as source?

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #2,414 of 4,134
I haven't tried it yet through the RCA ins. Right now I'm just outting straight from my DAC and controlling the volume on the software side. Even with the gain on super low (1 - 2 clicks) they slam.

Once I go pick up the other speaker tonight I'll try it with a regular RCA. I imagine it'll work well.

Quote:

Nice, I was in the end unit of townhouse.  No one on top or below me, only neighbor is next door and they complaints.  Crappy neighbor, end up disconnected the sub for a year and we are not planning to move anytime soon.  I will hit QC this weekend and take a look if I can talk my wife on getting a pair for the BBQ party in the back yard.  How it is with iDevice as source?

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #2,415 of 4,134
Quote:
I haven't tried it yet through the RCA ins. Right now I'm just outting straight from my DAC and controlling the volume on the software side. Even with the gain on super low (1 - 2 clicks) they slam.

Once I go pick up the other speaker tonight I'll try it with a regular RCA. I imagine it'll work well.

Please do post your impression and try LOD on iDevices please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back