Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #3,167 of 4,134
Leica Monovid 8x20 monocular.  This is my first Leica product. 

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #3,171 of 4,134

all in the last month. I thought I was cured 
biggrin.gif

More excited about the Sony PHA-1 and the custom classic. Have not been this excited about gears in a while 
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #3,173 of 4,134
Sideshow Collectible Black Cat bust 1:2 scale

Artists:

Pablo Viggiano
Mireya Romo - Bowen

Elizabeth - Limited edition serigraph by Dennis Mukai

1 of 20 signed artist proof

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #3,174 of 4,134
Quote:
Sideshow Collectible Black Cat bust 1:2 scale

Artists:

Pablo Viggiano
Mireya Romo - Bowen

Her.....eyes are barely contained by that....mask.

Apr 2, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #3,176 of 4,134
I guess you can consider this a "significant" purchase...

I put the deposit down on it and pick it up in another couple days.  I like my soundtrack as a V8.  
L3000.gif

2010 Corvette
6spd, 17,900mi, 3LT fully loaded with navigation

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #3,177 of 4,134
Quote:
I guess you can consider this a "significant" purchase...

I put the deposit down on it and pick it up in another couple days.  I like my soundtrack as a V8.  
L3000.gif

2010 Corvette
6spd, 17,900mi, 3LT fully loaded with navigation

Damn, nice, 
My whole body is jelly right now haha. Going to track it at all?  Even just autocross?

Apr 3, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #3,178 of 4,134
When the pin connecting the cups to the headband broke for the third time since I got them in August 2011 my Denon AH-D2000 were ready to be traded in for something better.
The law in Norway states that if your product needs the same fault repaired three times within the warranty period the customer (aka. me :)) is entitled to a brand new identical product or all money back.
As the Dx000 series is discontinued I couldn't get a new pair of D2000s, and I will never pay money for the atrocity that is the D600.
Lucky for me, one store in the same chain had one demo-pair of D7000 I could have at 25% discount, with full warranty. With that and the money I got back from the D2ks I paid less than half of the original asking price. I am very pleased
atsmile.gif

I know the D7k is just as likely to break as the D2k was, as the part that kept snapping is identical on the D7ks. Since they are discontinued, replacement parts may become hard to come by.
Therefore I bought four pairs of the thing, complete with the needed screw. Also, I used the D2ks just about everywhere, as they sounded fantastic with my Colorfly Pocket HiFi C4 Pro. The D7000s will be staying home when I head out.
I'm really interested in the Sennheiser Momentum for a replacement out-and-about headphone, but for the time being I got a pair of demo-used AKG K518 DJ ridiculously cheap (a bit over 70% off of the original price). It's a step down from the D2ks, but an excellent headphone in its own right. Especially at the price I paid. The only thing I would change about them is the cable, which is just as ridiculously long as on the D2000s (around 3 meters!).

The Denon AH-D7000 in their glorious pleather lined box:

And the AKG, who came without a box:

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #3,180 of 4,134
Quote:
When the pin connecting the cups to the headband broke for the third time since I got them in August 2011 my Denon AH-D2000 were ready to be traded in for something better.
The law in Norway states that if your product needs the same fault repaired three times within the warranty period the customer (aka. me :)) is entitled to a brand new identical product or all money back.
As the Dx000 series is discontinued I couldn't get a new pair of D2000s, and I will never pay money for the atrocity that is the D600.
Lucky for me, one store in the same chain had one demo-pair of D7000 I could have at 25% discount, with full warranty. With that and the money I got back from the D2ks I paid less than half of the original asking price. I am very pleased
atsmile.gif

I know the D7k is just as likely to break as the D2k was, as the part that kept snapping is identical on the D7ks. Since they are discontinued, replacement parts may become hard to come by.
Therefore I bought four pairs of the thing, complete with the needed screw. Also, I used the D2ks just about everywhere, as they sounded fantastic with my Colorfly Pocket HiFi C4 Pro. The D7000s will be staying home when I head out.
I'm really interested in the Sennheiser Momentum for a replacement out-and-about headphone, but for the time being I got a pair of demo-used AKG K518 DJ ridiculously cheap (a bit over 70% off of the original price). It's a step down from the D2ks, but an excellent headphone in its own right. Especially at the price I paid. The only thing I would change about them is the cable, which is just as ridiculously long as on the D2000s (around 3 meters!).

The Denon AH-D7000 in their glorious pleather lined box:

Wow! Pretty lucky, I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back