(PortaPro)Nokia 5230 headphone problem
Jan 8, 2011 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

WilhelmPrice

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a Nokia 5230....its good because it seems to sound better than my 2700 Classic but here's the problem:

My Philips SHE9550 seems to make weird sounds when plugged into the 5230, I made sure it wasn't clipping and its still apparent even if I used my Fiio e5(although it lessened a little), at that time my Koss Portapro sounded fine with 5230 until after a few days it exhibited the same weird noise, only on the left channel then maybe after a week it became to prevalent and disturbing especially on bassy parts.

I think the damage became permanent with my Portapro, because it does the same thing with my E72. In otherwords my 5230 may have damaged my Portapro

Heck, I even tried my 5230 on some headphones in an Apple Store and to my surprise, even the demo headphones at the store exhibited the same noise, on the left channel again too.

I dunno how to describe it, maybe you'd call it static...

Hey guyz please help me here, I haven't listened to my fave music for quite a while because of that.

About my Portapro, I'll just see if the problem suddenly disappears if I stop using my 5230 with it or maybe I'll use lifetime warranty

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
I recently bought a Nokia 5230....its good because it seems to sound better than my 2700 Classic but here's the problem:

My Philips SHE9550 seems to make weird sounds when plugged into the 5230, I made sure it wasn't clipping and its still apparent even if I used my Fiio e5(although it lessened a little), at that time my Koss Portapro sounded fine with 5230 until after a few days it exhibited the same weird noise, only on the left channel then maybe after a week it became to prevalent and disturbing especially on bassy parts.

I think the damage became permanent with my Portapro, because it does the same thing with my E72. In otherwords my 5230 may have damaged my Portapro

Heck, I even tried my 5230 on some headphones in an Apple Store and to my surprise, even the demo headphones at the store exhibited the same noise, on the left channel again too.

Hey guyz please help me here, I haven't listened to my fave music for quite a while because of that.

About my Portapro, I'll just see if the problem suddenly disappears if I stop using my 5230 with it or maybe I'll use lifetime warranty

try listening to your portapros through another source (ipod at the apple store, computer, friends Ipod)  from what I'm reading, it sounds like it's your source that's the culprit here because it happens to other headphones as well. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 4
That is exactly it, the source, I am just asking about what to do with my 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

try listening to your portapros through another source (ipod at the apple store, computer, friends Ipod)  from what I'm reading, it sounds like it's your source that's the culprit here because it happens to other headphones as well. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
That is exactly it, the source, I am just asking about what to do with my 5230
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowings /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

if it's still under warranty, contact the phone manufacturer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back