Portaphile 627 – Limited First Run of 10 Amplifiers, Pre Order yours now!!
Feb 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Shini44

Headphoneus Supremus

I have been getting some interest lately for offering the original 627 amplifier for sale.   I have decided to offer a limited first run of 10 amps using all original components/pcbs as the original amplifier but with newly in house machined/designed faceplates that will take me a few weeks to mill and send out to get annodized in black.  These faceplates will be similar to the ones I machine for the MICRO and 627X amplifiers but designed for the curved case I use for the original 627.  In my opinion, these will be step up in build quality to the original 627 amplifiers. 

The Portaphile 627 uses three Burr Brown OPA627′s, one each for the Right-Left-Ground channels. Each opamp is then buffered with two Burr Brown BUF634s per channel for a total of 6 buffers. This allows the opamp to work efficiently at powering your headphones regardless of being large high impedance headphones or small low impedance current hungry earphones. The OPA627 is widely considered to be the best opamp for audio applications and is the reason I built the new Portaphile around this high end opamp.

Three Channel Design, Isolated Output Ground, Four Layer PCB, 3 x OPA627 , 6xBUF634′s, Jung Multiloop Topology, Powered by Single 3.7V Lithium Ion (Battery is rated for 500 Charges), Voltage Increased Internally to over 18Vpp, Power Adapter/Charger Included (5V), Runs 4 Hours on a full charge, Battery charges in 2.5 Hours when Amplifier is charged while off, External Hi/Low Gain Switch (7/2), Small Size (2.836″x3.976″x.754″), Elna Cerafine Caps, Instruction Sheet

1st run of 10 amplifiers will ship sometime late February to early March 2015.  Reserve yours today by placing an order using the ordering links on this page.

Sourcehttp://portaphile.com/shop/portaphile-627/

a Review by average_joe : http://www.head-fi.org/t/585786/multi-portable-amp-thread-16-amps-reviewed-leckerton-uha-6s-mkii-added

i already pre ordered mine ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back