Portable player with crossfeed?
May 3, 2019 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

acs236

Headphoneus Supremus
Old time member here, but I've been inactive for a while.

I'm looking for a currently available portable player that has a crossfeed. I'll use it with a portable amp, but it seems most available portable amps don't include crossfeed. Dr. Meier recommended finding a player that supports it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

May 3, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 6
Hiby R3 has crossfeed.

May 4, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 6

I'm looking for a currently available portable player that has a crossfeed. I'll use it with a portable amp, but it seems most available portable amps don't include crossfeed. Dr. Meier recommended finding a player that supports it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

X5 III or X7 in Android mode and use Neutron Music Player then tweak the Crossfeed settings to your liking. One of the default settings is close to Meier amps' crossfeed settings.

May 4, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 6

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
let's explore some options here:
- if you're going to use a portable amp anyway, a few (very few really) have some Xfeed options. I still have a Leckerton with 2 different settings. compared to nothing it's amazing, but beyond that, having no real customization choice will mean that it will work for you or not. and that's about it.
- converting files with your preferred Xfeed option is of course an option. I've been doing that for years in Foobar2000. the internal solution for file conversion let you include VST or even "hard code" replay gain levels(so changing the digital levels for real instead of just adding a number in the metadata for something compatible to apply the change). it's a little bit of a PITA to add the VST "wrapper" to foobar and understand how all that works, but you do it once and never think about it again. I would convert entire playlists to lossy format while adding Xfeed, gain and some EQ. so that's a very real solution, one that requires more preparation but also gives the most customization as you can try endless numbers of VST crossfeeds, and tweak all their settings until you get something that works best for your own head.
- using an android device as source. that opens the door to a great number of apps, from players with a few cool Xfeed tweaks, to more crazy stuff like viper4android for system wide sound tweaks with many psychoacoustic settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back