Portable Over-Ear Headphones 100-200$
Apr 3, 2019 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

heidimilk

Head-Fier
Hello There!

I will be traveling a lot the next few months and I need a pair of Headphones to keep company with me.

My current pair of headphones is a DT770 32ohm, which is not really portable and as I'll buy myself a big setup after those few months I don't have too much money to spend on this portable pair of headphones.

I was thinking about:

Audio-Technica ATH-M40x (90$)
+: Swivels, Price
-: Quality Issues (breaking parts)?, plastic

Sennheiser Momentum 2i (150$)
+: quality
-: design, portability

LSTN Troubadours (80$)
+: price, design, metal&wood
-: overemphasized bass?, sound?, needs amp?

What do you guys think about these and my concerns?
Do you have any other suggestions?

Hope you can help me, Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 8
My M40X have lasted for years through several moves and so forth. They seem to be pretty durable and I personally actually prefer them to their big brother, the M50X (more neutral and refined, IMO). One other that often pops up on people's lists of good portable options in this price range is the NAD HP50. You might read about it as well. Haven't heard of the LSTN--will have to read up.

Apr 3, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 8
My M40X have lasted for years through several moves and so forth. They seem to be pretty durable and I personally actually prefer them to their big brother, the M50X (more neutral and refined, IMO). One other that often pops up on people's lists of good portable options in this price range is the NAD HP50. You might read about it as well. Haven't heard of the LSTN--will have to read up.
Hey!
Thanks for the reply, I hoped to hear that as I like the M40x the most out of my list.
The NAD HP40 are a bit out of my price range as I only need those headphones for the next few months.
Wish you a great day!

Apr 5, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 8
IMO M40x are not really portable. Personally I don't think any Over Ears really are. Mine pretty much live at my desk. Yes they fold up but they flop around like crazy and just are annoying to bring around.

The Vmoda XS are absolutely incredible in every way for portable use. They're my favorite all around headphones of all time. I got mine for just under $100 from amazon warehouse in mint condition.

Apr 6, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 8
IMO M40x are not really portable. Personally I don't think any Over Ears really are. Mine pretty much live at my desk. Yes they fold up but they flop around like crazy and just are annoying to bring around.

The Vmoda XS are absolutely incredible in every way for portable use. They're my favorite all around headphones of all time. I got mine for just under $100 from amazon warehouse in mint condition.
Thanks for your input.
Then I might also just use my dt770's, if there is no big difference in portability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back