Portable MP3 Player with Digital Out
Mar 16, 2007 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Canuck57

500+ Head-Fier
I'm just entering into the wonderful world of DAC's ....I've ordered one to use my PC as a source.

Sorry for the newbe question....

Are there portable MP3 players with a digital line out that can be fed into a portable DAC? Any URL links you could provide would be a great help...

Thanks in advance...

Mar 16, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just entering into the wonderful world of DAC's ....I've ordered one to use my PC as a source.

Sorry for the newbe question....

Are there portable MP3 players with a digital line out that can be fed into a portable DAC? Any URL links you could provide would be a great help...

Thanks in advance...

No currently in production portable DAP has a digital out. There were some in the past, most notably the iRiver H1x0 series.

Apr 2, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #3 of 5
ty Socrates...

I just bought an iRiver iHP-120 from ebay and I'm anxious to try it with the Headroom MicroDAC that I just bought to see if there's a noticeable difference compared to just the iPod as a source....

Apr 2, 2007 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Congrats on the purchase. If you ever get the itch to upgrade the H120, check out misticriver.net for hard disk and battery upgrades.

I'd suggest using lossless files to do the comparison. For the easiest way, use wav files, or install rockbox on the iRiver and use alac files.

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ty Socrates...

I just bought an iRiver iHP-120 from ebay and I'm anxious to try it with the Headroom MicroDAC that I just bought to see if there's a noticeable difference compared to just the iPod as a source....

I own all the components you just listed, and I can tell you in advance that there is a very noticeable difference. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surpised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back