++PORTABLE/IEM RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for advice HERE! [Please read OP]
Nov 17, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #181 of 190
Quote:
Well I didn't get much of a response on my first post, so I'll to elaborate on what I'm looking for. Obviously, I'm looking for a pair of IEMs, namely one that is comfortable and compatible with small (really) ears. In terms of musicality, a good soundstage would be nice along with decent noise isolation. I currently have the SRH840 over-ear headphones, and their sound signature is something that I'm used to and comfortable with, so something along the lines of that would be what I'm looking for; warm with a tight bass I suppose, I don't have much expectations with the trebles, just nothing too harsh, though I doubt I would be able to recognize it anyways. I generally listen to pop, Korean pop, acoustic, instrumental and slow songs, with the occasional rap and rock. My budget is somewhere around $100, hopefully below that - but I'm willing to go as far as $150 (CAD).

Thank you!

People have generally moved to this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Go 3-4 posts up to see Doc's post regarding this. Happy to give you an answer on the other thread.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #182 of 190
I would want to buy an IEM , which resembles the same sound signature of soundmagic E10 but with more bass, better sound quality and wider soundstage without sacrificing treble and mids.

Awaiting for your recommendations.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #184 of 190
Hilo!
I'm currently enjoying a pair of JVC HA-FX40's. They're very clear and have amaazing bass, but they sound somewhat thin in the midrange. I want to upgrade to either: VSonic GR06, Sony MDREX310LP, or Brainwavz R1.
I mainly listen to EDM/garage, acoustic stuff like Iron and Wine, and ambient, and I'm looking for detailed bass, instrument separation, and full mids without being "muffled". Basically, just looking for the perfect earphone for ~$60 :wink: 
Suggestions?

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #185 of 190
Quote:
Hilo!
I'm currently enjoying a pair of JVC HA-FX40's. They're very clear and have amaazing bass, but they sound somewhat thin in the midrange. I want to upgrade to either: VSonic GR06, Sony MDREX310LP, or Brainwavz R1.
I mainly listen to EDM/garage, acoustic stuff like Iron and Wine, and ambient, and I'm looking for detailed bass, instrument separation, and full mids without being "muffled". Basically, just looking for the perfect earphone for ~$60 :wink: 
Suggestions?

The GR06 will do well in the midrange, not enough bass for those genres maybe. Haven't heard the others, but definitely look into the MH1C and GR02 Bass, mids are much more present then on the FXD40 (I love them, but they're not for the midrange-lover, that's for sure), with some hefty bass and fullness throughout.

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #190 of 190
So, my GF wants IEMS, and the only decent IEM I've heard is the RE400, which was pretty good, but not great tbh. Don't want to spend more than $40 really. She listens to mainly pop and country. Got any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back