Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?
Feb 18, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 15
The M50 is good for electronic and hip-hop, but it's pretty big. It's alright for a "transportable" setup (tossing them in a bag while folded up) but personally I wouldn't wear them around 24/7

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #5 of 15
I'm probably just gonna wear em on the bus ride from school to home so itdoesnt really matter I guess; they'll also probably replace my AD700s..

btw im thinking of getting these skullcandy dx pro throwbacks: http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/sk-pro-throwback.html ....they look beautiful so i can only imagine how they sound.

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #6 of 15
The ATH-M50s are great for electronica, but too big. I owned them and they were some of my favorite all rounders that were semi-portable. You may want to look at the Denon AH-D1100 (covers the bass and the highs with a forward mid) and the ATH-ES10s (order from AudioCubes or JackAccessories). The ES10 is more compact and provides a great tight bass with good highs, due to the use of a titanium casing. The HD25-I IIs are good, but best for rock. I found they did not provide the highs I was looking for, nor the soundscape of the M50s.

Feb 18, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #8 of 15
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #9 of 15

My budget is around 200$.

I want to look normal when out and about lol, but I don't think phones like HD-25II and TMA-1 are really gonna make you look too weird ;p.

I guess I could use some recommendations for IEMs though, I really want this purchase to be very good for Electronica, Hip-Hop and Rock..I want better bass than my AD700s atleast..
Quote:
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.

Feb 19, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #12 of 15
Seeing as no-one else seems to have anything to say, what's putting you off the hd25?

|joker| has done a good review of them recently and there are plentyof others.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/536880/review-fashion-vs-function-phiaton-ms400-b-w-p5-monster-beats-solo-v-moda-crossfade-sony-xb700-hd25-1

Also: Bumping your thread more than once a day is against the rules, the mods'll catch you 
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #14 of 15
Well, there is plenty said by others here if you leave the egos behind. The HD25-I-IIs are excellent,minus they don't fold up. The M50's are one the the best under $300,but they they are too big for public use unless you want to look like a major dork (only good for use in your office or cube).  Like I said, see if you can try out a pair of the ATH ES10s or Denon 1100s.

Feb 20, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #15 of 15
Klipsch Image ONE, Sennheiser IE7, IE8, Radius DDM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back