Portable DAC/amp for ~$200
Sep 22, 2019 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jodgey4

Headphoneus Supremus
Long time no see, Head-Fi, seems it's been a few years! Even when I was active I mostly kept up with desktop so here I am:

Picked up a new (to me) laptop with a pretty garbage audio codec, figured a DAC/amp could make sense; something that can take USB in, and ideally OTG from my Note 9 (USB-C), tbh not super sure how that works. Looking for not too many frills, smaller is probably better but it'll probably live in a laptop bag. Fine with SE, not balanced, despite having some balanced gear. Just want something "worthwhile".

Headphones would be Noble Audio X (Massdrop), maybe LCD-2.2Fs in a pinch (Q701s at worst), so nothing too wild. No wild volume levels. Was looking at the upper end of the budget being the xDuoo XD-05, saw it on Drop. Looks like possible feature overkill though.

Thanks to anybody who can chime in and give some other pointers, I'm gonna try and keep searching around.

Sep 23, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 2
I was going to say to check out the Xduoo XD-05, that is sold thru Drop, even before I got to the "XD-05" part in your post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back