Portable balanced dac/amp for 300$ or amp only under 200$
Mar 23, 2018 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

areek

100+ Head-Fier
Hello there. I am looking to get a portable balanced dac/amp combo for 300usd or a balanced amp for 200usd. i will buy one but please suggest both. Important that they are currently available and can be bought from Singapore.
Thanks a lot

Mar 23, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 9
Fiio Q1MKII - dac/amp, not fully balanced
Walnut F1 - amp, not fully balanced
iFi Nano iDSD black label - dac/amp, not fully balanced
RHA Dacamp L1 - dac/amp, unusual connector
iBasso PB3 - amp, fully balanced but only accepts single-ended input
Sabaj DA3 - dac/amp
Hidizs DH-1000 - dac/amp

If the budget would stretch a little, I'd say go for the Fiio Q5

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 9
I am very new in the balanced ''world'' of headphones.

I bough for $80 in the FS section a SMSL SAP-9 balanced amp. Accepts SE and XLR 3 pin balanced inputs.
XLR 4 pin balanced output, 2.5mm TRRS balanced output, SE 6mm output. The balanced output can be driven by the SE RCA inputs!
I read positive reviews on Massdrop and utube concerning this amp... I bought it to test a balanced headphone and I like it. I am inquiring now if there is something better price wise?
My LD DAC-1 has balanced outputs to drive the SAP-9.

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 9
I am very new in the balanced ''world'' of headphones.

I bough for $80 in the FS section a SMSL SAP-9 balanced amp. Accepts SE and XLR 3 pin balanced inputs.
XLR 4 pin balanced output, 2.5mm TRRS balanced output, SE 6mm output. The balanced output can be driven by the SE RCA inputs!
I read positive reviews on Massdrop and utube concerning this amp... I bought it to test a balanced headphone and I like it. I am inquiring now if there is something better price wise?
My LD DAC-1 has balanced outputs to drive the SAP-9.

Your setup is definitely one of the most affordable out there in terms of desktop dac and amp balanced separates. Good job economizing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back