Portable amp to pair with CA Vega that is dark/warm without bass emphasis?
May 29, 2017 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jandr272

Head-Fier
Budget ~$500

I am enjoying the Vega but wouldn't mind a little less brightness, especially in vocals; however, I don't want to emphasis the bass. I'm happy enough with the sound signature that I'm not going to EQ or look for other IEM, but they seem like they'd like more power than my iOS devices so two birds, one stone.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 2
Does it have to be portable? If not, I wonder if you might check out a Lyr 2. Its output impedance (0.7 ohms on high, 0.3 on low gain) matches up nicely with the low-impedance Vega (17.5 ohms, I believe) and gives you a chance to do some tube rolling to adjust the sound of the hybrid and maybe bring some warmth. You are somewhat limited as I am sure you know because an OTL like the Valhalla 2 just is not going to work because of its high output impedance of 14 ohms on high gain and 3.5 ohms on low gain. That just does not compute with your IEM's impedance. So maybe a Lyr 2. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It could potentially work if you are interested in playing with tubes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back