Portable Amp Recommendations for special project
Oct 4, 2022 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Adamastor

New Head-Fier
Hi, I need advice on choosing an amplifier for some speakers in a helmet.
I'm running a contest where I need the contestant riding a high-speed motorcycle (with a helmet) to hear some questions.
I've already tried in-ears and various solutions, but for various reasons I really need speakers installed inside the helmet.
The problem is the low volume.
The sound is played from a miniature sandisk mp3 player (also installed on the helmet) and I've tried several speakers and the best (loudest) were 40mm 8ohm speakers (they are thin enough to fit inside the helmet)
To amplify the volume of the mp3 player I connected a Fiio A1, and although the contestant can already hear almost everything at 200km/h with the helmet on, I need to increase the volume even more.
I know the speakers are capable of louder sound because I plugged them into my JDS Lab O2 desktop amp and they sound louder.
I need recommendations for a small portable amplifier that has more amplification (output power) than the Fiio A1 (without DAC, just AMP, 3,5mm jack in and out).
Sound quality is not important here, only the volume is important, so that the contestant hears the questions clearly.

Thanks

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #2 of 4
What speakers are you using? JBL makes the Cardo, for example.

Oct 4, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 4
What speakers are you using? JBL makes the Cardo, for example.
I tried the JBL Cardo, some Superlux headphones drivers and this Visaton K 40 - 8 Ohm speakers (this K40 dont sound as good as the others but they are louder).
The problem is that with Fiio A1 amp i dont have a much louder sound.
Need something with more power.
Any advice?
Thanks

Oct 4, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back