Portable amp recommendation for DT880's
Jan 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

FLCL

New Head-Fier
I've purchased a pair of DT880 Pro's(250ohm) and would love to find an nice portable amp that goes good with them. I've read around that Super Macro IV and hornet are good for them.

Though in some posts it seemed as though Super Macro was good for smaller groups of music and I listen to a lot of music that has wide ranges of instruments (full orchestra's with metal)

I listen to a lot of melodic and symphonic metal like Nightwish, Rhapsody, Within Temptation, etc. Also love my Pink Floyd :wink:. Can anyone please give me some advice? Owners/prior owners of DT880's very welcome! Price range is around $200, maybe $250. Thanks! :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 2
After a lot more reading I have narrowed it down to 3 options.
-Mini^3
-Minibox-E+
-Meier Headsix

I have read that the Headsix has great synergy with the DT880's and that it's a pretty good amp for them. It seems a lot of people say the Mini^3 is a great amp for under $200 and drives the DT880's pretty well. Others commented on the power of Minibox E+ and how it has good features. I am leaning more towards the Mini^3 or Meier at this point. Between these 3 amps, can I get some advice on how each one compares to the other or why you would choose one over the other? It's very appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back