Portable amp for JH-13?
Jul 9, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 18
pico slim and shadow?
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure the pico too but nobody has both yet.

I'll have this combo next week.

I listened at CanJam to the Pico Slim with my UE11s, but didn't get a chance to listen to the Shadow. If I decide to get an amp at all, I'm seriously considering the Slim.

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #5 of 18
The Shadow, iBasso P3+ and the iBasso T3 all work exceptionally well. The Shadow has an excellent portrayal of imaging and control of bass. The T3 has a beautiful clarity and the P3+ does a fine job and you can roll opamps to taste. The RSA 71A is clean and has a nice flat frequency response. The Mustang is much the same as the Shadow with the Shadow possibly etching out even more detail but more time is needed in comparisons.

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #8 of 18
I think it'll be hard to find a portalbe amp that DOESN'T match well with the JH-13.. as long as its a quality design, and not just a CMOY, it should match beautifully I'd think

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll have this combo next week.

I listened at CanJam to the Pico Slim with my UE11s, but didn't get a chance to listen to the Shadow. If I decide to get an amp at all, I'm seriously considering the Slim.

pico slim? NoooOO way !!!
frown.gif

jamato, any idea release date for T3?

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Shadow, iBasso P3+ and the iBasso T3 all work exceptionally well. The Shadow has an excellent portrayal of imaging and control of bass. The T3 has a beautiful clarity and the P3+ does a fine job and you can roll opamps to taste. The RSA 71A is clean and has a nice flat frequency response. The Mustang is much the same as the Shadow with the Shadow possibly etching out even more detail but more time is needed in comparisons.

So which do you enjoy the most? Were you able to listen with the Pico?

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #11 of 18
I was not at the meet so I have not heard the Pico Slim.

On the other amps I have no answer. They are all very good and have a little different sound but I haven't heard any real negatives yet.

Jul 11, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #12 of 18
Dear all,
My friend recommend me to use the Xin.
What do you think about this amp?

Or it is better use the Iqube or wait for Iqube V2??

I can only find Iqube and voyage in Taiwan!!
Should I wait for Iqube V2 ir just buy the Xin.

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #13 of 18
After passing the anniversary of the waiting time for a Xin amp, I quited. Better to buy one and then queue for a Xin amp -- that's what I did and I'm glad that I did it that way.

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #14 of 18
I would stay away from Xin amps as the wait times, lack of communication and endless tweaks that leave your amp as outdated when it arrives is not worth it IMHO.

I am a pretty big fan of the Pico but the Mustang or SR71 would most likely do very nicely as well

Jul 11, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #15 of 18
wow its hard to believe people are still turning up here with no idea of the story with xin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back