Porta Pro vs. MDR NC60
Jun 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Vladraiter

New Head-Fier
First of all, I know that compare these two is a great mistake. I know there are huge differences between them, but I'd like to compare them for a simple reason: I own the first one and I'm thinking about the second one, because my Portapro died curled in a bus seat (damn you, bus driver!).

Is relevant to say that I live in Brazil, and headphones and all this stuff are very, very expensive here. So, searching for a new friend for my Ipod, I found the MDR NC60. I've read a lot of reviews about it (good things and bad things), but I'm not sure about the sound quality of these headphones.

The good thing about it is the price: by a miracle, the MDR NC60 will cost around US$ 90 here (in local currency, R$ 160) in a single store. I don't know why, and I'll not ask, because the store can increase the price as soon as they know how much the NC60 costs in US (by the way, I'm talking about the largest on line store here, like a brazilian version of Wal-Mart).

Considering that my last pair was a Portapro, will I be happy with that new one? Any help is welcome.

And yes, I need noise canceling. The Sao Paulo subway and bus systems are very noisy.

P.S.: Sorry for any language mistake. I'm much more better reading than writing in English. And I swear I'm not using Google Translate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back