Porta pro question
Mar 23, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 7
You can try using the HD414 pads, from what i've seen they fit perfectly.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 7
To answer the original question, I don't believe there are true leather pads that will fit the Portapros, unless you make it yourself. Even if you made them, the sound may change and have a negative sound impact. It'll probably sound a little muffled compared to the stock foam pads.

IMHO, the portapros are super great headphones for the money $30-50, but if you want leather ear pads on a headphone that's relatively light and portable, look into the ATH-ESW9/A, but you can buy 6 Portapros for just one.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #5 of 7
The Porta Pros are plenty comfortable with the foam pads and those pads are easily and inexpensivly replacable. You'll like the Porta Pros as is, and the sound gets real good after burn in.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 7
Get PX100 pads if you don't mind pleather.

Nov 8, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 7
I've seen a lot of people (in the forum, not exactly on the street) using portapros with the HD414 pads. They seem a lot comfier, but is the sound quality compromised? I mean let's face it, when you buy PortaPros, you're really looking for quality for a low price, and to me if that quality gets bent over for comfort and isolation, it's not worth it. So basically:
1- Do the HD414 pads help to noticeably isolate outside noise?
2- Do the pads decresa the PortaPro's sound quality?

Please reply, this has been stuck in my head for a while :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back