Popular Classical Music
Apr 20, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #8,687 of 8,700
Hello Luis, I believe that you might have been celebrating someone's birthday during the week.

I am curios to know what type of meal that you would have to celebrate such occasions in Spain.

I am also curious to know what you think of the Hifiman Sundara closed back for classical music, also compared to your Denon AH-D7200. Would you recommend it to others, as a person who has good hearing in both ears.

Brooklyn Classical: Mozart Piano Sonata K. 545, No. 16, 1st Mvt. on her Marnie Laird, piano

A nice arrangement and I wonder if the four ladies playing the strings are natural fair haired or if it is out of a bottle. Anyway they are very attractive and talented women. :yum:

Gaither Vocal Band - You Are My All in All With Canon in D [Live]

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #8,688 of 8,700
Hello Luis, I believe that you might have been celebrating someone's birthday during the week.

I am curios to know what type of meal that you would have to celebrate such occasions in Spain.

I am also curious to know what you think of the Hifiman Sundara closed back for classical music, also compared to your Denon AH-D7200. Would you recommend it to others, as a person who has good hearing in both ears.
Hi John,
Yes, I celebrated my birthday on a week day with a dinner at a nearby restaurant with my wife and daughter. We had tapas, croquetas and sea food, then a big steak also to share, all with a nice bottle of Spanish wine of course. We had a good time. In a few days we will have a larger celebration about seven people and then we will eat fabada, a brutal pot dish with legumes, pork meat, something you need to eat with lots of …Spanish wine of course.
So far I have had a very nice experience with the Sundara. I haven’t tried them yet with jazz or pop Music, but I must say I like them very much for classical. They do sound different to the Denon AH-D7200. Those are still my favorite but with the Sundara I hear different things, different details, better soundstage? and for the present price, they are a bargain. They are also very comfortable and isolate better than the Denon. I still like better the tuning of the Denon, the sound is more refined and defined to my ears but the Sundara are excellent. So many thanks for the recommendation. They are a good companion to the Denon. The ones that get little use are my Akg k 712 pro, I like the sound but I prefer closed headphones.

Yesterday I went to a concert of the Spanish National Orchestra with guest conductor Kazuki Yamada (now lead conductor of the City of Birmingham Symphonic Orchestra). They played wonderfully a piece I have always liked since I was young, ages ago!. Cesar Franck Symphony in D minor. I still have the vinyl record with Barenboim and Orchestre de Paris.
Here a nice version

Franck: Sinfonie d-Moll ∙ hr-Sinfonieorchester ∙ Alain Altinoglu​

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #8,690 of 8,700
Thanks Luis for your reply. My main issue with the Denon 7200 and 5200 was a pressure point on top of my head, which was slightly less on the 5200 but neither could I wear for long before they started to give me a light headache.

We had a nice sunny day yesterday going in and out of the back garden while drinking a few too many glasses of vino, so today is a bit of a recovery day ahead of a busy week. We eat salmon everyday, sometimes two or three times a day, probably overdosing at the amount that we eat.

Try these pieces on your Sundara closed back. I like the clean and clear sound that is never fatiguing.

Friedrich Gulda - Mozart: Fantasia in D Minor, K. 397 (Excerpt)

Robert Neumann - Beethoven: II. Andante (Sonata No. 2 in F Minor, WoO 47)

Yuja Wang - Glass: Études: No. 6

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:55 AM Post #8,691 of 8,700
Saint-Saëns, Tchaikovsky, Bacewicz at KIWA LIVE - Bomsori 김봄소리

Bomsori & Rafał Blechacz – Debussy: VIII. La fille aux cheveux de lin (The girl with flaxen hair) Arr. Hartmann

Apr 21, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #8,692 of 8,700
Many thanks John for your insights and videos!
I like salmon but not so much!!!
Here a video I hope you can access. I can watch from Spain without geolocation restrictions, it is from the italian tv.
Here we have the Academy Santa Cecilia orchestra conducted by Stanislav Kochanovsky and Maria Dueñas as violist, the reason I post this.

Rimsky-Korsakov Capriccio spagnolo,
Tchajovski Violin concerto with Dueñas and encore Tarrega Recuerdos de la Alhambra, classical piece for Spanish guitar here beautifully arranged for violin
Rachmaninoff Sinfonia 3

https://www.raiplay.it/programmi/stanislavkochanovskyemariadueas

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #8,697 of 8,700
IMG_7410.jpeg

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #8,700 of 8,700
Worth a watch I reckon, even if you are not a fan of his.

I reckon that he has come a long way over the years. I Know that some people consider him like a modern Liberace. He also has a beautiful wife and loads of money, so how could we be envious of him! :wink:

Lang Lang on Ravel "Pavane pour une infante défunte“ & Fauré „Pavane“ - Saint-Saëns

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back