Popular Classical Music
May 19, 2016 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8,700

Light - Man

Headphoneus Supremus
The idea behind this thread is to get some varied Classical music going and to share your knowledge and appreciation with others, no matter what your level of knowledge may be.

Hopefully it may encourage others to develop a taste for Classical music.

Hoping for good quality audio-visual recordings from YouTube and Vimeo, etc. but any type of music link is good.

No rules, just anything related to Classical music including vocals, a bit of banter is also welcome as music threads can tend to be a little sterile.

BTW, my knowledge of Classical music is very basic but I have been to concerts on a regular basis for several years and I reckon I have developed an ear for the good stuff but I may be wrong?!
wink.gif

May 19, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #2 of 8,700
  The idea behind this thread is to get some varied Classical music going and to share your knowledge and appreciation

with others, no matter what your level of knowledge may be.

Hopefully it may encourage others to develop a taste for Classical music.

Hoping for good quality audio-visual recordings from YouTube and Vimeo, etc. but any type of music link is fine.

No rules, just anything related to Classical music including vocals, a bit of banter is also welcome as music threads can tend to be a little sterile.

BTW, my knowledge of Classical music is very basic but I have been to concerts on a regular basis for several years

and I reckon I have developed an ear for the good stuff but I may be wrong?!
wink.gif

Every time someone asks for classical music I feel very obliged to share this - not any high quality music (sorry) but I had to do this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQnsONgX3xI 

May 19, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 8,700
May 19, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #6 of 8,700
Wokei ... Reporting for duty

Good to see you here man, I did not know that you were into Classical.

When you get a chance you should post some stuff and perhaps the odd gif or two?
tongue.gif

It might not be long before this thread gets locked and I am not talking in a Bar!
deadhorse.gif

P.S. It is good to see Mr Trev and some of the old Lobsters here from the Lab thread!

May 20, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #9 of 8,700
Perhaps I should have called this thread Random Classical music 
blink.gif

Edit: I changed a few of the videos for better versions hence maybe it should be called random edited Classical music! 
angry_face.gif
rolleyes.gif

May 21, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #13 of 8,700
May 21, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #14 of 8,700
I think this is a really nice version, composed by French composer Francis Lai and not Beethoven as alluded to in a previous post.
evil_smiley.gif

Of course it is not strictly classical but as it has a violin and a piano, it is close enough for me.
blink.gif

The intro to this is only 2 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back