Popera
Apr 27, 2006 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vicious Tyrant

100+ Head-Fier
True Confessions: I listened to Sarah Brightman and Jose Cura (a true opera singer, IMO) sing "Just show me how to love you" last night a full volume and had a true eargasm. Tearing up and everything!

Does that make me a bad person?

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant
True Confessions: I listened to Sarah Brightman and Jose Cura (a true opera singer, IMO) sing "Just show me how to love you" last night a full volume and had a true eargasm. Tearing up and everything!

No, it 'makes you a girl' as my wife would say
wink.gif

Seriously though, as silly as it sounds, there is one song in my collection from a band named 'Redemption' that does it for me. The song is named 'Transcendence'. Every time I hear that song it makes me tear up. I am convinced it has some sort of backward masking or sumbliminal message in it or some such!
wink.gif

Music can be a very personal, and emotionally moving experience to behold. It is very powerful and you should not be ashamed by being moved to tears by any form of art (weather it be a painting, movie, music, performance, poetry, etc...).

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious Tyrant

No. Not really. I probably wouldn't listen to anything like that, but I also spend a lot of time worrying about the differences between Wilhelm Furtwängler's La Scala Ring and Karl Böhm's Bayreuth recordings. I also sit around and listen to Solti's '57 recording of Die Walküre act 3, just to imagine what a full Die Walküre in good sound with Flagstad in good voice would sound like.

If popera is your thing, go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back