Pono VS AK100/120
Jan 13, 2015 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ike1985

Headphoneus Supremus
Would be awesome if someone could do a head-to-head comparison of these two with the same IEMs/headphones and the same song. This if for anyone who has both.  Pono is looking very enticing for me as I will be buying my first source device, it's way cheaper than the AK100/120 and many say it's just as good if not better.  RWAK100/120 could also be compared as they can be had used for a decent price as well.

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 7
Would be awesome if someone could do a head-to-head comparison of these two with the same IEMs/headphones and the same song. This if for anyone who has both.  Pono is looking very enticing for me as I will be buying my first source device, it's way cheaper than the AK100/120 and many say it's just as good if not better.  RWAK100/120 could also be compared as they can be had used for a decent price as well.

My mate has a Pono and uses it with Beyerdynamic DT770 balanced mode and cables. It sounds friggin' awesome. So if it was me... I wouldn't wait juz buy and enjoy but make sure you use balanced mode ok?

Jun 14, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 7
FYI Pono is running a father's day special -- player (yellow or black) + 64gb card + $25 store credit for $300.  

That's a killer deal.  Get one for your fatherly self, or if you aren't a father yet get one and get working on that...

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #7 of 7
Fry's Electronics is running a Pono sale today. $299 with their promo code. A great sounding digital source. If for some reason the site says they are out switch stores. Fry's web inventory is per store, not nation wide.

The Pono is a fine sounding machine. The discrete analog circuitry is amazing with balanced output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back