PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player
Nov 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #1,533 of 4,866

That would not be a valid review since you already stated it's a rip off without listening to it or handling the device in any way (so you have a negative bias which means your review would be useless).

No I said it looks to be poor and a rip off.  A review would either validate or negate that.

Show me a reviewer who doesn't have bias. I don't see many threads started by robots here.

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #1,534 of 4,866

No I said it looks to be poor and a rip off.  A review would either validate or negate that.

Show me a reviewer who doesn't have bias. I don't see many threads started by robots here.

You have been so over the top dismissive and insisting on Pono sucking that your review would be guaranteed to only confirm your bias and hate for this device (based on your posts in this thread alone you don't strike me and apparently others as someone who could be open minded enough to be able to come back here and say you were wrong about what you said about Pono even if you get the chance to "review" it).
By the way, I don't have Pono either and am not looking to buy one - I just strongly believe that only people who have devices in their hands are able to post sensible judgement and useful reviews (no matter which device we are discussing).

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,536 of 4,866
  What if I said it looked to be brilliant and great value for money?

That would be just as useless and biased as trashing it without evidence (because you could not know it either way without listening to it and using it first).
But also, if you stated once that it did not look like it's going to be good value for money and left it at that - that would be very different from continuing to troll this thread with repeating the same negative stuff over and over again without having any evidence.

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #1,538 of 4,866
  More than half of ALL your posts on HeadFi bash the Pono.  Most of your posts bashed the Pono before anyone had one.  ALL of your posts bashed Pono before you saw or heard  one.

Who do you work for?

He works for number 2!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, that just kept going through my head when I read it, and in this instance, it aptly fits :)

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #1,543 of 4,866
rickhawk,

I appreciate your humor; I just wish others would too and lose the negativity.  Good or bad, the Pono itself, is just a music player...  Some are bound to enjoy it, while others won't...  That seems to be the case with every other music player out there.  I hope those that have the Pono will just move on with some honest impressions, so the rest of us can get a sense whether this might be a player some of the rest of us might be interested in getting...  Thanks.

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #1,545 of 4,866
  I need a recommendation for a cable to connect my Pono to my receiver (in "unbalanced" mode) please.

1/8" stereo plug to RCA plugs.  Monoprice makes some inexpensive ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back