Poll: What's your pad of choice with a stock Grado or Alessandro?
Jan 29, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #16 of 26
Jan 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #17 of 26
i ahve only tried comfies and bowls.
bowls are uncomfortable for me, presses the upper part of my ear. so comfies for me, i ma yet to try the variations, btw reverse bowl? maybe i misunderstood the concept because i couldnt make them stay put.

Jan 29, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #18 of 26
Comfies for me....never had any desire to try the others....they sound just fine and live up to the "comfy" name.

Jan 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #19 of 26
Mar 9, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:
Todd's site won't allow me to select USPS, and says the calculation is unknown. I'm not sure why, since plenty of websites allow USPS cost calculation for international shipping. So while it's there as an option, it's not selectable. I remember him being a really nice guy when I got the HF-1s so I'm sure it's just a case of having to email first.

Kim, i've a couple of suggestions for obtaining the flats from Todd. as you mentioned, try emailing him about shipping options. if he won't work with you on that, then perhaps you oculd have it sent to some family in the states. either have them mail it to you or when they visit you or you visit them you could get them. but the best option of all would be to order some hf2s from todd and have him include some flats in the box when he ships them. you'll probably love the hf2s, and can alter their sound by switching between the stock pads and the flats!
wink.gif
gs1000.gif

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #21 of 26
G-Cush for my 325is.

Mar 10, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #22 of 26
I've lived outside the US long enough that my family is over me sending stuff to them to be sent to me. Money isn't the issue. I just annoy them a bit. But as for HF-2's, I don't see them on his site and the last batch went out years ago I thought. Huh?

Quote:

Kim, i've a couple of suggestions for obtaining the flats from Todd. as you mentioned, try emailing him about shipping options. if he won't work with you on that, then perhaps you oculd have it sent to some family in the states. either have them mail it to you or when they visit you or you visit them you could get them. but the best option of all would be to order some hf2s from todd and have him include some flats in the box when he ships them. you'll probably love the hf2s, and can alter their sound by switching between the stock pads and the flats!
wink.gif
gs1000.gif

Mar 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #23 of 26
re the hf2s, contact Todd and ask directly. it's possible that he has them and doesn't list them, since they are intended for head-fiers only. ttbomk they didn't set a definitive limit (to avoid the post run gouging scenario of the hf1s) and i think he's been selling them relatively recently. it's a nice phone, and in some ways more engaging and/or satisfying some some far more expensive cans, even if it's not quite as refined.

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #24 of 26

After trying them all (comfies, bowls, jumbos and flats) on my HF2, the flats came out as the winner with the right amount of slam and vocal intimacy which i like, plus they are really comfortable. The bowls can get a bit uncomfortable after awhile. The jumbos are comfortable but recesses the mids and 'thins out' the low end too much.

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #26 of 26
these days if you want a new set of flats, Todd is the supplier, so his flats are the 'regular' flats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back