Pls help me to identify between Fake&Real ATH ESW9 to get refund from Paypal.
Oct 17, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #31 of 38
I hate to see these. We are looking at the tip of an iceberg. This scheme can happen for many products, but shouldn't have happened to the closely knitted Head-Fi community. We have Head-Fi.org yeah? There are many fake products that I know, such as interconnects, in-ear phones etc. There are some types that users will happily use and never realize the authencity, until they (rarely) happen to A/B compare them. Fake ESW9 has been rampantly discussed in this forum, and yet people still fall. I suggest a sticky thread to list the fakes in circulation.

And as a general rule, always run a search before you seal any of your super great deal! That was how I found the "fake ESW9" thread and steered clear of the seller some months ago.

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #32 of 38
I just got the Esw9 from Adorama. According to this google translate page
Google Translate
, mine is fake!?! (it looks exactly like the one on the right) Even though Adorama is supposed to be an authorized AT dealer? Do I trust the comparison page or Adorama? Should I go ahead and return the phones? I asked an Amazon reviewer about Adorama, and he said good things about it, and also I called Adorama and they ensure me that they are an AT authorized dealer, and I shouldn't worry about authencity. Should I just return these and buy from headroom for $268, I bought from Adorama for $218.

Apr 15, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #34 of 38
I once ordered one too from eBay thinking it was real.. Not only it was fake but the person never sent it to me. I claimed to paypal and got my money back after month and half.. I learned about fake one from this forum. Without this forum I would have never find out about fake headphones..

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #35 of 38
I bought my M50's from amazon through a seller for $99.12 but it said that it was fulfilled by amazon. Do you think they might be fake? I haven't received them yet but I'm kinda nervous now.

Apr 15, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by iaudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the Esw9 from Adorama. According to this google translate page
Google Translate
, mine is fake!?! (it looks exactly like the one on the right) Even though Adorama is supposed to be an authorized AT dealer? Do I trust the comparison page or Adorama? Should I go ahead and return the phones? I asked an Amazon reviewer about Adorama, and he said good things about it, and also I called Adorama and they ensure me that they are an AT authorized dealer, and I shouldn't worry about authencity. Should I just return these and buy from headroom for $268, I bought from Adorama for $218.

If you are referring to the box, the ESW9A (American version) has the multiple language thing printed in the back of the box and has no certificate. (From what I understand - I myself have been looking for an ESW9 as well, but Amazon ran out of them and they are now $450). Adorama is an authorized dealer and they are very very unlikely to sell fakes. I've bought stuff from them and they are trustworthy. But the most important part really, is do they sound real? The sound quality is the true determining factor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doorbell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought my M50's from amazon through a seller for $99.12 but it said that it was fulfilled by amazon. Do you think they might be fake? I haven't received them yet but I'm kinda nervous now.

I have not heard of fake M50s on the market. You are safe.

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #37 of 38
Sorry for your loss. I almost bought an ESW9 from Provantage.com until I made a thread and a member, pomme de terre, told me that it might be fake and gave me a link.

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #38 of 38
lol 17 units... if you wanna buy wholesale products never get them from ebay...

$100 is just too good to be true, so i hope you learn your lesson. Nevertheless let us hope you win the dispute...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back