Please reconmend a portable headphone amp for low impendance headphones (GMP 8.35 D).
Jan 10, 2011 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Djo77

Head-Fier
Hello, I need an amp for my full sized headphones the GMP 8.35 D (35 ohm/ german maestro), I will be using this together with my HTC Desire (phone).
I've read this on the forums, that a (portable) amp. for low impendance headphones should have a higher current output. 
I've searched this forum but I couldn't find a thread where a user was reconmended a portable (or multiple) headphone amp for a low impendance headphones. 

Do you have one? How is it called? How does it improve sound? Can you please post a comment : )

Highest price for the amp will be about 130 euro's = 167 dollars (exl. shipping.)

How do I know if an amp is made for low impendance headphones? They don't allways state output currency.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Judging by your price range and the need for something portable,  the iBasso T3D (or something similar) would be what you're looking for. I can't comment on your headphones because I'm new to the headphone thing too, but this thread should help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back