Please help with my SCL-4
Sep 8, 2010 at 3:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ckacosta

New Head-Fier
I will soon be receiving my fourth pair of SCL4 for warranty replacement.  Since I can't sell these for enough money to buy something comparable, I will be stuck with them until they fail and I have to get pair #5.
What can I do to prevent the cable going to crap?  I wear them over the ear.  Does that contribute to the failure?  I baby them when I am not using them.  I roll them up very gently and store them in the clamshell. 
I really need some ideas from someone who is familiar with why they fail, and what I can do to prolong them.

Thanks

Sep 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
I will soon be receiving my fourth pair of SCL4 for warranty replacement.  Since I can't sell these for enough money to buy something comparable, I will be stuck with them until they fail and I have to get pair #5.
What can I do to prevent the cable going to crap?  I wear them over the ear.  Does that contribute to the failure?  I baby them when I am not using them.  I roll them up very gently and store them in the clamshell. 
I really need some ideas from someone who is familiar with why they fail, and what I can do to prolong them.

Thanks

You can prevent it by not using them. I'd get a new pair, sell it off and use those funds to buy something new. The older Shure earphones such as the E4 has the cable cracking issue which I guess was never fixed with the older earphones but has been fixed with the newer ones. I had them and treated them well and they cracked in less than a year.

Here's a good place to start your search.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-102-iems-compared-meelectronics-m11-and-hippo-shroom-added-09-01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back