Please help me pick the right headphones
Jul 21, 2014 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

joshman9

New Head-Fier
So I am new to headphones and would like a pretty nice pair of headphones I listen to pretty much only rap and hip-hop (eminem, biggie, PAC, drake, kendrick lamar, jay z etc.) and would like to know what the best headphone is for under $200? I'm sorry if this question has been asked many times. Thank you all for your help in advance. I have been looking at that and ath M50s and the XB 500 Sonys. Let me know what you think of these and any other that you might suggest.

Thanks again,

Josh

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 4

Do yourself, and your wallet, a favor; look at one of these.

Numark Electrowave. A bit bulky on the head, but they definitely turn heads. The sound quality rivals that of headphones twice the price, and sometimes more. The bass is very tuneable and is very present. $90 on Amazon

Numark Red Wave. Less bulky and are very portable. They fold and the ear cups swivel 90 degrees. The overall sound quality is not as good as the Electrowave, but the bass can be more powerful when equalized. $60 on Amazon

Both have removable cables and both come with a carry bag and 1/4 inch jack adapter.

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks so much for the replay! Haven't heard of these headphones until now. Looks like a great bang for the buck! You think these are better than the ATH m 50??

Thanks again.

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #4 of 4
The Electrowaves in terms of sound quality are better, in my opinion, than the M50. The bass on the Red Waves is more than the M50's, but the M50's will sound better overall than the Red Waves. Keep in mind, the M50's are almost twice as expensive as well.

Save money and be happy, IMO. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back