Please compare image s4 to ATH m50
May 7, 2011 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Surag238

Head-Fier
I used image s4 and then got the ath m50 after the klipsch tore and I returned it....

Can someone compare these two? I bought the full size in part to avoid weak cords and flimsiness found with IEMs but also because I assumed that the bass is much louder and fuller with these.  I love the thumping noise of hip hop and I was hoping I'd get it with these.

While I appreciate the bass of the image it was nevertheless inadequate (of no surprise considering its an IEM) but someone said elsewhere that ath m50 isn't all that bass-ful either...which bothers me.  Is this true? Please help!

I bought a headphone amp just in case. But I'd like to know the original product is solid. 

May 7, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Haizz... Another one asking for a comparison between the two acclaimed headphones. Here goes...

IMO, the S4 is overpriced. There is a lot of sibilance, bass is uncontrolled and overwhelms the mids. The M50s are NOT basshead cans, but they are very versatile. Bass has a much more balanced reverb, is more pronounced and controlled. Mids are more forward and the highs are not as aggressive.

Basshead cans are like that of the Sony XB series and the Ultrasones.

May 7, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
can i use e5s to mimick the xb as close as possible. 

Not really... the E5 adds around 3 db bass boost (which doesn't do much). You aren't going to get anywhere near the XB series with the M50 and an E5. If you want a lot of bass it isn't about getting a bass-boosting amp. You're going to have to get a more bassy pair of headphones than the M50's first, then think about what amp to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back