Playing Around in Taipei
Jan 10, 2009 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

illkemist

100+ Head-Fier
Similar pictures have popped up on Head-Fi before, but I though I would share some pics from my visit to Music Hi-Fi in Taipei. I moved here about a month ago. Before I even decided to come, I had my friend go and check out the place to find out if it was as advertised. You can see their website here. I prefer to read it in Chinese because there are some additional products that are not listed in English. Here is a picture taken with my iPhone:

IMG_0027.jpg

Anyway, I took my HD650s to listen to the Lehmann BCL, Corda Cantate and Slee Solo SRG. People have already rendered enough opinions about these amps. I'll say that for my money, I preferred the Cantate and the Solo to the BCL. I actually used to own the Solo before I moved, so I am very familiar with it. But I was surprised by the Cantate, because I had tried it before and sold it in favor of the Solo Green. But on this visit, I was really impressed with its neutrality. I thought the Solo was more aggressive than the BCL, which may or may not please some listeners.

They also have several other amps and headphones on display.

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

The people there were helpful and were content to let me listen and take notes for a while. I'm definitely going to go back someday and really take some time to explore everything. It's like a Head-Fi meet in there!

One last thing. There is a RSA Raptor in a glass case in the store. I asked the guy there if it worked. He said it did, but seemed not to understand that I was interested in buying it used. It seems like a waste for something that nice to just sit there and gather cobwebs.

Has anyone else been here? Did you buy anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back