Players with SD cards
May 11, 2007 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eduj

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello guys:this is a question for players with expandable memory slots (SD)...
can u place as much memory as u want as long as it fits, for instance i can get a rio chiba for cheap and it says expandable up to 512 MB, but if a 2gb SD card is the same size will it work? maybe it has smth to do with upgrading the firmware ?
confused.gif

May 11, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 9
it has to do with the way the SD cards are formated. they have different systems which allow them to hold more memory. Hence, the difference with SDHC and normal SD.

A firmware can be made to allow larger SD storage, but I wouldn't expect a firmware update from Rio anytime soon...

May 11, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 9
Nevermind...

May 11, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it has to do with the way the SD cards are formated. they have different systems which allow them to hold more memory. Hence, the difference with SDHC and normal SD.

A firmware can be made to allow larger SD storage, but I wouldn't expect a firmware update from Rio anytime soon...

Thanks for clearing this so Rio is a no go.I was thinking about Chiba/Cali b/c they have SD slot,FM tuner and 5-band equalizer.Is there anything available with: expandable memory with cards,5-band equalizer,decent FM tuner and drag+drop?
thanx for you help
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 9
yes, the Cowon D2 fits those requirements perfectly. It comes in 2gb or 4gb internal memory capacities, and will accept SD cards up to 8gb(SDHC) cards.

I had one for a while and really liked it. I just didn't like that you needed two hands to use it and it didn't hold all my music (15gb)

May 11, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #7 of 9
Yup Cowon D2 fits all your requirements. SHDC et all.

May 13, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 9
I have a D2 and 4GB and 8GB SDHC cards. Sounds really good but battery life is better from internal memory. The stuff I play most often is on internal memory. The classical favourites on the 4GB. ogg at -q 6. Haven't got near the 8GB yet. I only bought it to try a couple of full length movies! The FM radio is dependent on signal and headphones. I find it pretty good, but I generally only listen to the News and football results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back