Players under $100 with 40+ hours battery life and a card slot
Oct 23, 2015 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JK1

Headphoneus Supremus
Why can't I find any? How about players under $100 that use an inexpensive easily swappable battery(like the rechargeable CR123A) that can be charged at least two at a time outside the player. Some of us are greatly inconvenienced by having to charge a player frequently. A player that runs on an easily swappable 18650 battery might give huge battery life. I was just looking at some 3600 mah 18650 batteries online. These are 3.7V, so they hold a huge amount of power. As a comparison, the battery in the Sandisk Clip Sport is just 220 mah, yet it gets 25 hours of battery life. The Clip Sport circuitry connected to a 3600mah 18650 battery would give over 400 hours of run time.

Oct 23, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 6
Lesss than the 100 hours you originally wanted?

Used SanDisk M250 uses just one AAA battery. Only about 20 hours but AAA cheap throwaway and available anywhere. so much for progress. Otherwise Duracell portable charger & Sansa Clip as I use; easily pocketable

Oct 23, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 6
Or 3 Sony FM Walkmans if you're blessed with good radio! (BBC in my case):-D

Or more seriously an E Series Walkman

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 6
Just get a cheap phone like a Galaxy Ace for 70 bucks. You actually don't need to use it as a phone. I have one, though it is also my phone. It's sound is good and since I don't spend time cruising the web on it the battery lasts a long time. Just as a music player I'd almost bet you could go a week without charging, and the battery is replaceable. It does work on wi fi so you could download music off the cloud.

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 6
Phones are bulkier and heavier though than compact music players. 

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #6 of 6
I have a Creative Nano Plus that uses a AAA battery. No card slot though, and storage is just 1 GB. I have a few Clip+ and Clip zip players, and the Duracell Instant power USB charger. I also have a Tekkeon usb battery pack that uses AA batteries. Using a usb battery pack or carrying multiple players to get longer run time is very annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back