Play.com good?
Nov 20, 2009 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Neet

Head-Fier
Hi nooby here go easy on the beatings. Is play.com good enough to trust for buying Sennhieser?

Nov 20, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 24
Yes. I've ordered from them plenty of times, plus I also ordered the Sennheiser HD25's from them.

So you have nothing to worry about
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #5 of 24
not bad but slow delivery. They have some real bargins on headphones

I ordered some Senn in-ear and they took 4 days to dispatch - it said on the website that they would be sent within 24 hours. But they were half the normal retail price
smily_headphones1.gif

Still waiting for some iGrado's that were dispached three days ago - I've saved £15 over retail so the wait is not too bad

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sithompson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not bad but slow delivery. They have some real bargins on headphones

I ordered some Senn in-ear and they took 4 days to dispatch - it said on the website that they would be sent within 24 hours. But they were half the normal retail price
smily_headphones1.gif

Still waiting for some iGrado's that were dispached three days ago - I've saved £15 over retail so the wait is not too bad

Yes they can be slow. It would be nice it there was an option to pay for faster shipping (like on Amazon), but there isn't. It's compulsory free delivery so you just have to wait.

Nov 20, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #9 of 24
Incredible slow at times... I preordered Dragon Age Origins and got it yesterday... So I have an axe to grind with them lol

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #11 of 24
Haha cool. I ordered some HD650s and it still says packing.

RRP: £299.99 | You save: £80.00 (26%).

Most places are around £220 so I havn't really saved anything. I hope these are worth it, I just spent my last savings on them. My friends think I am crazy/stupid for paying this much and say the most they would pay for headphones is £10.

Nov 20, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #12 of 24
Slow delivery and terrible customer service, in my case. I placed an order for a TV stand (more than 500£), on the web site they stated 'next day delivery'. Cool, after a week I called the customer service (please note no email is provided, so you have to call a 0845 number, quite expensive one): I spent more than 20 minutes talking with someone was pretending not to understand me, asking my details and the stand's ones 3 times...After 3 days I had to call again and go through the same procedure. Then they arranged the delivery (on a Friday): I took a day off the work and waited the stand to 4pm, then called again, and 20 minutes later I've been told they needed two men for the delivery, so they would have re-arrange for the next Monday. At that point I cancelled the order, bought the same stand in a different shop asking to match the price.... on Tuesday my TV was on the stand :) I've been refunded one month later, after 2 more call... play.com completely CRAP!

Nov 20, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 24
I've ordered lots from play.com, was excellent at first, now more so-so- main gripe is slow delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back